Friday 23 March 2018

P.S I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2), by Jenny Han

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And here's my second review of the week, for P.S I Still Love You, by Jenny Han.
Enjoy!
Also, I accidentally released that half finished review from earlier.
(Sorry)

Title: P.S I Still Love You
Author: Jenny Han
Genre: Contemporary romance
Release date: 26th May, 2015
Status: Book two in the "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" trilogy
Pages: 337
Blurb: "Lara Jean didn't expect
to really fall for Peter.

They had just been pretending.
Except suddenly they weren't. Now
Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

Then another boy from her past
returns to her life, and Lara Jean's
feelings for him return too.

Can a girl be in love with two
boys at the same time?"

My Thoughts
I have to say, this was a pretty nice sequel to the love that I have for the first book. If anything, I might have liked it just that tiny bit more. The moments just got cuter, I liked the character that was introduced, like love him, and characters that we met in the first book, we got to know a little better.
I'll get into that later.
But the best thing about this book was the cute moments, plus the fact that because the first book was just starting out, it meant that Lara Jean had matured as a character, so I enjoyed the situations she was thrown into in this book.
Overall, because of the more mature and different situations that she encountered within this book, actually made me like and appreciate Lara Jean more as a character. She was a lot more daring in this book, and I was glad that the events in the first book had impacted her in a positive way.

As for the new character, I cannot explain how much I adore John Ambrose McClaren. He is just, aww I love him. And I love Peter. How do I choose? I wonder what will happen with them in the third and final book. I hope something does. Whether it's good or bad, I'm not sure quite which one I want it to be.
And Genevieve. It was hard not to see in a different light, from than the simple minded I-hate-anyone-that-tries-to-get-between-me-and-Peter front from the first book. I hope something positive between Lara and Genevieve happens in the second book.
Chris probably wouldn't like that. Maybe it could involve her too.

As this is a spoiler free review (as much as I might like to, especially as this has been out for three years, more or less) I cannot talk about certain scenes that I love. Especially including certain scenes about snow. And a certain sassy old lady. Just all of those scenes.
Also, the scenes including a certain shildhood game and HOW IT MEANS SO MUCH MORE NOW.
But it's still good.
You know what, I just love all the scenes. The whole book.

Overall, this book killed me in kindness. I can't see how Jenny Han could possibly write a better book than this one. But I'm hoping.
I'm reading Always and Forever Lara Jean month and I AM NOT READY for it to be over. I'm so invested in this amazingly cute, hilarious story.
I have no chill.
I'm not ready.
But, ready or not, I'm reading the last book.

So that's all I have for you today! I hope you enjoyed my super emotional and desperate review! Let me know your thoughts!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday- it's Easter holidays for the next two weeks, so that means:
CONSISTENT POSTS!
HURRAY!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment