Monday 16 April 2018

Love Simon/ Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, by Becky Albertalli

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm continuing with my marathon of book reviews!
Next up: Love Simon or Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda!
Here it is!


Title: Love Simon/ Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda
Author: Becky Albertalli
Genre: Contemporary
Release date: 7th April, 2015
Status: Standalone
Pages: 303
Blurb: "Straight people should have to come out too.
The more awkward it is, the better.

Simon Spier is sixteen and trying to work
out who he is- and what he's looking for.

But when one of his emails to the very
distracting Blue falls into the wrong hands,
things get all kinds of complicated.

Because for Simon, falling
for Blue is a big deal."

My Thoughts
This book was so sweet, it was like syrup and popcorn. It was like ice-cream on a hot day. It was almost a relief that I fell into this story so easily, because I was so terrified that I wasn't going to like it.
But thankfully I did. So, so much.

Honestly, it was a cute and fluffy read. It was what I needed at the time.
And if I had read this when I was just that bit younger, it probably would be a five star rating.
But there were a couple of reasons why I didn't.
For one, I feel like it took a while to get the footing of what was going on.
And that's just about the only critic I have.

Because the rest was amazing.
The characters were amazing, the funniest characters I've ever met. They were also quirky and loveable and it was easy to love all of them, for their unique personalities. All the characters didn't fit too well together, which I thought was good because there would be even less realistic than a contemporary usually is. The differences that characters had with each-other (some of them) were resolved gradually through the book, which was something else that I liked.
There was also some of the other too, people got more harsh. Which was okay too.

The writing was carefree, but the details were there too. Like Simon's love of Oreos was adorable, and Albertalli's attention to detail (Simon's character) was one thing that I loved about Simon.
And as you get to know the other characters, them too.
Just everybody.

This review is getting very random.

Also, I liked Simon's character development. Although the moments throughout the book seem like they have no connection, Simon grew more confident as the book went on. He didn't change much as a person, but it was so lovely to see him try new things and not be intimidated by them. And it was so wonderful to see innocent little Simon experience these scenarios.

As for the plot. Somebody threatening to out Simon basically. And expose the SECRET EMAIL FRIEND Blue. It was a decent plot, and it balanced out the cuteness quite well.
That's kind of all I have to say about it.

So overall, I think this is a book that everyone should read. It's a wonderful story about being proud of who you are, and that whoever you are, it's not a bad thing.
This was a wonderful story.


Right, so that is my review of Love Simon/ Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, by Becky Albertalli!
I hope you enjoyed this review, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment