Monday 30 April 2018

April Wrap Up (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And as it is May tomorrow, that means a new TBR!
But first, the April Wrap Up (2018)!
Enjoy!

BOOKS
I read a total of 4 books this month! Although that is nowhere near the amount that I read last month, all but one were above 450 pages, which I was very proud of myself for! What's more, they kept on getting bigger!
Here are the books that I read in the month of April!

This was the third and final book in the Lara Jean trilogy. And starved of the want of a fluffy contemporary, I picked up the last remaining one on my TBR. You can click on the title for more of my in-depth thoughts, but overall, I thought this was a wonderful conclusion to the trilogy, full of all the characters that I have grown to love, and an ending to one of my favourite contemporary stories. I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy, and even though it wasn't my absolute favourite, it was a close second.

2. One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns #2), by Kendare Blake
This one was a bit iffy, which is why I'm still on the fence on as for whether I should post a review about it. On one hand, I want to be able to post a review for every book in the series, but on the other hand, I don't really have that many thoughts on it. Saying that, once you got to maybe 100-150 pages into the book, it finally gelled, and the plotline started to weave, which was when it became interesting. I have to say, I did not think it was going to end the way it did. But, rest assured, there are two more books to add to the original duology that Kendare Blake had planned, which means it's not over yet (yay!)

3. King's Cage (Red Queen #3), by Victoria Aveyard
I will definitely be posting a review for this because, because of this book, I am now anxiously waiting for War Storm to see how the whole story wraps up. King's Cage is my favourite story of the three by far, and I flew through it, because I completed the entire 507 pages in four days. Obviously I can't disclose any details regarding the plot because it's the third book in the series, but the start takes place a few months after the second book ends. King's Cage was so good, that I'm actually considering putting it on my favourites for this year, if I don't read much that is good for the rest of the year.

4. The Host, by Stephenie Meyer
I wanted to finish this before I posted this wrap up today, so I could include it. I finished it yesterday morning, and I'm so happy that I've finally made my way through all of it! (This was attempt number three.) I'm so glad I made it through eventually though, because it surprised me how much I enjoyed The Host. Let's just say that I can see why they made it into a film. It's completely different to anything that I've read by Stephenie Meyer, and it certainly has the ability to make me want to keep reading after every chapter I finish. I recommend this to anyone that isn't intimidated by large books and are looking for an easy descent into sci-fi and aliens.  

FILMS AND TV SHOWS
FILMS
-Peter Rabbit (Cinema)- Review on that on Friday.
-Ready Player One (Cinema)- Review on that soon.
-Knocked Up (Netflix)- An easy watching comedy.

Haven't watched much else this month.

WRITING
I've done some writing, though because my college course (I have maybe a month left) has taken priority, I haven't done much.
I've had a serious look over maybe the first 15 pages of the novel, and once I get all my work done for my course, the time that I'm committing to my novel should become much more than it has been recently.


So overall, it's been a decent month. I'm getting back on top of my reviews (though you should expect a bucket ton of film reviews in the next month), and I'm getting a fair amount of reading done too! I'm doing okay!

So that was my April Wrap Up! I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you all on Wednesday with my May TBR! I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you then!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment