Monday 9 April 2018

Writing Update #3 (April 2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I promised this post in my March Wrap Up!
I don't have anything left to say, so here's today's post!



So, first things first. I FINISHED THE SECOND DRAFT.

I FINISHED THE SECOND DRAFT.

Oh, what's that?

I finished the second draft.

I'm currently in that time when I remove myself from my book so when I come back, I can look at my book critically, instead of immersing myself into the story.

Here's where I start to get nervous.

Because it's all very well writing a first, second, third draft.

But you reach a point where you can't just keep re-writing.

Eventually you have to get people to read and critique your writing.
It's kind of like when I participated in the Halloween meme that was created by The Book Prophet.
I have to admit, I was so nervous to post that because it's all very well writing about your opinion on somebody else's book, but when it's your writing, you feel so much more nervous, knowing that people are going to be forming their own opinions on whether they like your own writing.

So I'm starting to get nervous.

Because the plan has always been that when I finish my third draft, I will advertise for critique partners. (After I come up with an idea of how it'll work out, like whether it's the whole manuscript, or it's every chapter (because my chapters are fairly long), how to get the feedback etc.)

But there's no use stressing. I know that.

So when I get to the third draft, I'm going to be focusing on making sure that everything that is in there absolutely needs to be in there, that the characters are going the way they are meant to, and aren't like all over the place, (in question) and that the story is the best that it can be.


So that's really all I have to say about my novel today!
I hope you enjoyed the update and let me know in the comments, if you like writing, if you're working on your own manuscript, as well as how far through it you are!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Friday, with my review of Love Simon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment