Monday 29 July 2019

All the books that I've Bought Since My Last Book Haul

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm aware that I haven't done a book haul in a while.
So, that's what I'm doing today!
I don't know when my last one was...
*After checking*
It appears it was in January, so it's been 6 months.
Enjoy reading about all the books I've bought since then.
Or all the ones that I remember to mention at least.

(And I'll only be talking about these briefly because this is a hefty list.)

-Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, by Stuart Turton (Read)
A slow burner, even though it took me a week and a half to read it, each POV was detailed and intriguing. If you're looking for an intro into time travel books, and murder mysteries, this is an interesting and unique novel to pick up.

-The Light Between Worlds, by Laura Weymouth (Read)
A historical fiction/magical realism mash up that really surprised me. It discusses depression and suicidal thoughts, so if those things are triggers for you, I recommend not picking this one up, but the characters, and the world-building is wonderfully written. I loved The Light Between Worlds.

-Pet Sematary, Stephen King (Read)
A horror novel that really isn't that long if you're looking for an introduction to the genre. Even without the hype that Stephen King's other works might have gathered, it's still a decent read.

-Fated, Teri Terry (Read)
It was so much fun to see where the origin of the "Slated" trilogy started! Although it didn't make much difference to the upcoming trilogy, it was amazing to read about the world, and the events that made up the creation of Slated! (I highly recommend picking up the trilogy by Teri Terry, guys.)

-The Priory of the Orange Tree, Samantha Shannon (Not read)
I don't know much about this, admittedly, but I do know that there is a F/F romance, and dragons contained within the pages of this book and I am all for both of those things. It's also a fantasy standalone and if there is ever a time when I have an extended period of time, then this will be the first book I pick up.

-A Poiaon Dark and Drowning, Jessica Cluess & Sorrow Fierce and Falling (Not read)
I put the both of these books up as one, because they're book 2 & 3 of the same trilogy. I'm about 100 pages away from finishing A Poison Dark and Drowning, and the stakes have definitely heightened in book 2! (Can't wait to read book 3- hopefully in the next couple of months- though probably not with my track record with this trilogy!)

-Finale, Stephanie Garber (Not read)
The third book in the Caraval trilogy, all I know is that we will read from the point of view of both Tella and Scarlett. I have no idea what will happen in this third and final book but people have been talking about it. It's on the back-burner for now.

-Surface Breaks, Louise O'Neill (Not read)
The next book on my TBR. I've had this book for a couple of months and it's stuck in my mind somehow. Having only read one Louise O'Neill book previously, I'm looking forward to seeing how she re-constructs a fairy-tale like The Little Mermaid.

-Heartstopper Volume 1&2 (Read)
I've already read and loved both of these volumes, and they're currently at the very top of my favourite books of 2019 list at the moment. Highly recommend if you're after a cute LGBT romance in graphic novel form.

-Four, Venocia Roth (Not read)
I obtained this from my friend, in exchange for my Wild Child dvd. I read and loved the Divergent trilogy a few years back (though I was a little bit angry about Allegiant, I have to admit), but Four never really piked my interest. Don't ask me why, but I decided to get it, for some reason. Let's see what I think.

-Anne of Green Gables, by M.G Montgomery (Not read)
A very popular classic- that I haven't read yet. I also watched Season 1 of Anne with An E on Netflix a while back. I think it's time to read the book.

-Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell (Read)
Re-read this in two days. It's just as good as it was when I was 9. From the point of Black Beauty, this book remains one of my favourite classics of all time.

-Heidi, by Johanna Spyri (Read)
Same goes for Heidi. This book makes me want to go to Switzerland, see the views and climb the mountains. You pick this book up, it's like your there, living up on the mountain with Uncle Alp and Heidi. Highly recommend this if you like the classics.

-The Librarian of Auschwitz, by Antonio Iturbe (Not read)
I know little to nothing about this book. I saw it, read the blurb, and bought it. It's based off a true story, and it takes place in Auschwitz. It's the story of fourteen-year-old Dita who becomes the librarian of the camp. It promises to be a deep and powerful story, and it's a novel for the colder months, I think.

-Girls of Paper and Fire, by Natasha Ngan (Not read)
I've had this for two months, and I'm trying to be interested in this book, because of the hype. But there's something about it that just puts me off it. Maybe, when I finally get to it, I'll really enjoy it. We'll see.

-Dear Evan Hansen, based on the musical (it's on paperback now) (Not read)
Although I haven't seen it, I've listened to the soundtrack so much that I've got most of the soundtrack memorised. If you haven't heard the soundtrack yet, listen to it. I hope the book is just as good.

-Opposite of Always, by Justin a. Reynolds (Not read)
I heard about this on Booktube, and there's something about the premise that sounds really interesting. It's about a boy Jack that falls hard for a girl- and then she dies. But instead of the story carrying on, Jack goes back to the time when he meets her. And he has the chance to change what happens, but at what cost? I'll definitely be reaching for this in the next couple of months.


Okay! Those are all the books I've bought since my last book haul! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you've read any of these, feel free to comment what you thought of it! (Or even if any of these books are on your TBR as well!)
Okay, that's all I've got for you today!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment