Monday 8 July 2019

Mid Year Book Freakout Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And even though it's technically the second half of the year, I can still do this tag as it's still close to the mid year part of the year.
That's right, I'm joining the flock and doing the mid year freak-out tag!
Enjoy!


1. Best book you've read so far in 2019.
I've read some amazing books this half of the year, and this was a close call. But I flew through this book in a way I very rarely do with a Cassie Clare book. There was just something about the writing, the characters, that made me see what everybody was talking about when they say that they love Cassie Clare books. Nothing against her books, I just haven't had the easiest time gelling with the story. But this one, I thoroughly enjoyed.


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2019.
Okay, I know I've read this a million times, but this is my favourite sequel that I've read so far this year. And any year really.


3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
I'm completely racked my brains for this, and when I think I have an idea, it turns out it's not available in the UK! That's it, I'm done. I don't have a book for this category.


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
This is out 3rd September, it's the final book in the Three Dark Crowns, and I genuinely can't wait to read it.


5. Biggest disappointment.
It wasn't a big disappointment by any means, but I was expecting to love it a lot more than I did. Now, I do believe that this trilogy wraps up in September/ October, and I have (as a whole) enjoyed the two books that are out. So we'll see how the "This Mortal Coil" trilogy wraps up.





6. Biggest surprise.
I don't know what it is, but something came over me when I was reading this. Having seen the film on my birthday the year before, and hearing the thoughts of some booktubers, I wasn't sure whether I would get into this book. But I was completely taken by surprise by how much I loved it. I read it in four mornings, something I never thought I'd do in a million years.



7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you.)
She only has two books out, but "The Light Between Worlds" has been one of my favourites of the year so far. It combines magical realism and historical fiction, two genres I really should try to read more. It discusses themes such as sibling conflict, depression and suicide, and it was exactly what I was in the mood to read. I highly recommend her books.


8. Newest fictional crush.
Julian Blackthorn. Love him. Of course. Only second to Jace.

9. Newest favourite character.
Ty. Words can't describe how much I would love to have a conversation with Ty.

10. Book that made you cry.
Nothing has made me cry yet this year. Let's see if Heartstopper Vol. 2 can make me cry from happiness?

11. Book that made you happy.
There's nothing that I love than theatre and acting, and now there's a book with it in? Sign me up! Nothing felt rushed, not the romance, not the character development, and it was as sweet as pie. I can't wait to read more of Maggie Harcourt's books (though I should probably read some of her earlier books first!)



12. Most beautiful book you've bought this year (or received.)
The third and finale book in the Caraval trilogy (that I admittedly have yet to pick up- but I'm getting round to it.) From what I know, we'll get the perspective of both sisters in this novel, and I am very excited to see what goes on with them all. No doubt it'll be very mysterious, magical, with twists and turns at the end of every chapter. Can't wait to see how the strange and shadowy Caraval trilogy ends.


13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
Aside from my TBR Jar Challenges, I would like to marathon a couple of trilogies before the end of the year:
-Darker Shades of Magic trilogy, by VE Schwab
-The Illuminate Files trilogy, by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kauffman


Okay! That is the Mid Year Book Freak-out Tag! As usual, feel free to do this tag if you see fit!

I hope you enjoyed this, and feel free to comment what your answers would be!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you... soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment