Monday 1 July 2019

June Wrap Up & July TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's already July!
First full month of summer!
But first, my wrap up and tbr for the month!
Enjoy!


JUNE WRAP UP
Books I read:
I read a total of four books this month (and very nearly a fifth- I'll get on that in my TBR for the month.)
Two of them were re-reads, the second half of the Noughts & Crosses series, in preparation for the fifth book, which is out next month.

1. Checkmate (Noughts & Crosses #3), by Malorie Blackman
2. Double Cross (Noughts & Crosses #4), by Malorie Blackman
I love these books for so many reasons. But the main reasons are 1) the issues that are raised will never not be relevant in today's society, and 2) how in depth the characters are made into, within these four books. Everybody that I talk to in bookshops have heard of these, but have never read them. Their loss.

3. Fated (Slated prequel), by Teri Terry
Although it wasn't as enticing as the Slated trilogy, it certainly was a book worth reading. The Slated prequel was intense, engaging and above all, exciting. What was probably the worst thing was that the world, the society that was described in this novel actually wasn't that far away from the real world. A wonderful novel, it was good to find out how the Slated world came to be.

4. Heartstopper. Volume 1, by Alice Oseman
So, I have this rule. Whenever I see a Waterstones that isn't my local one, I have to go in and buy a book. So, I decided on Heartstopper: having had my eye on it for a while, I wanted to see what everybody was talking about when they all started raving about this piece of work. I finished it on the car drive home. I read all 267 pages in a 40 minute car ride. Straight through. I can't wait for Volume 2 to come out next week.

-FILMS WATCHED-
1. What Lies Beneath
2. Clueless
3. Pitch Perfect 1 & 2
4. Lilo and Stitch


-TV SHOWS WATCHED-
1. Waterloo Road
2. Chicago Med
 3. Dragonball Z



July TBR (2019)
1. Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3), by Cassandra Clare
I have 150 pages left of this. With a combination of audiobook and paperback, I've made my way through most of this in the last month. I wasn't quite able to finish this in June, so I'm going to carry on until I've read the whole thing. And god damn me if I don't finish it in July. But I'm determined, and ready. (And I bet I'll cry a bucket of tears once I reach the end.)

2. Bedlam (Skulduggery Pleasant #12), by Derek Landy
I've had this book just over a month now and I haven't turned one page. Contrary to what I first thought, it appears that it isn't the final book in the second part of the Skulduggery Pleasant series, which I am overjoyed at. I'm picking up Bedlam this month because I'm going to try and achieve as many TBR Jar challenges this month as I can, and I can't wait to get to this one.

3. A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire #2), by Jessica Cluess
The third and final tbr jar challenge that I am able to complete at the moment (the final one is the fourth book in the Three Dark Crowns series' that comes out in September.) Now, I'm going to be honest. I read the first book in this trilogy a couple of years ago, and even though it was interesting, it wasn't the most unique book I've ever read. So I'm... hesitant at the very least going into this book. We'll see how I feel after I finish it.

4. The Surface Breaks, by Louise O' Neill
I'm putting this on my tbr because I know that, if I keep doing it, one day I'll actually read it. Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about this book. I know it's powerful, and it packs one hell of a punch with the words, the language used. And I know that I can't wait to read it. And that's enough.

Okay! That was my June Wrap Up & July TBR (2019)!
I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to let me know what you got up to in June!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment