Monday 15 July 2019

Reading Rush-A-Thon TBR! (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And with a split second decision, I decided to participate in the Reading Rush-A-Thon readathon (formerly known as Booktubeathon) this year!
I've participated in this readathon twice, completing six books in my first year, and 7 in my second! I'm working in that same week (the dates are 22-28th July) so I'm not going to try and read seven books, so don't try and persuade me.
Anyway, here's my TBR.
Enjoy.

Also, some of these books overlap in terms of challenge, so I'll couple them together (they aren't going to be in order, by the way.)


Challenge 1: Read a book with purple on the cover.
Challenge 6: Read a book with 5 or more words in the title.
My book: A Poison Dark and Drowning, by Jessica Cluess
This was already on my TBR for the month anyway, and it seemed like the perfect book to read for this category. It's the second book in the Kingdom on Fire trilogy, and even though I enjoyed the first book, I've had a tough time getting into the second. It'll be the first challenge I try, so hopefully I can gradually make my way through A Poison Dark & Drowning through the course of the week. And it also has five words in the title.

Challenge 2: Read a book in the same spot the entire time.
My book: Heartstopper Vol. 2, by Alice Oseman
Because I'm not usually in the same spot for long periods of time, I picked the shortest book I could think of. And having got Volume 2 of Heartstopper a couple of weeks back, I could not think of a more perfect book to choose. Especially as I read Volume 1 in one sitting!



Challenge 3: Read a book that you meant to read last year.
My book: Girls of Paper and Fire, by Natasha Ngan
I actually found this book harder to choose than the rest of them, because most of the books I have on my TBR, I found out about this year. I've certainly had my eye on this book since it was released late last year, so this is the book that I've chosen for this challenge, because it's been collecting dust in my room, unread.


Challenge 4: Read an author's first book.
Challenge 7: Read a book and watch the book to movie adaptation.
My book: Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer
I've wanted to watch the film/read the book for a while now, and this is the perfect opportunity! I know it's a little on the long side, but I've read this in two days before and something just tells me that once I'm back in one of my favourite stories (when I was a teenager- I first read twilight when I was 15) with some decent characters, I'll fly through it.


Challenge 5: Read a book with a non-human character.
The Surface Breaks, by Louise O' Neill
Thinking about it, I could have tied this challenge with Twilight, but this is on my monthly TBR, so I thought I'd tie it in with the reading rush readathon. I have heard great things about The Surface Breaks, all my fellow readers, particularly the ones from #UKYAChat have mentioned that they love this, so I can't wait to pick it up and see what I think!

Okay! That is my Reading Rush-A-Thon TBR! Let me know in the comments if you are participating, and what books you're reading if you are, whether it be the Instagram challenges, the video challenges, or just trying to read a whole heap of books!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx








No comments:

Post a Comment