Thursday 15 August 2019

Bookish Scenarios Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm surprised to discover that I have never done this tag: The Bookish Scenarios Book Tag!
I'm deliberately not looking at the questions for this one, so I can't go back on it.
There's nothing left to say, except enjoy!


1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres- contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction, and one other genre of your choosing. Which books do you keep?
Contemporary
I haven't read that many Rainbow Rowell books, but this is by far my favourite. I love Cath's character, the way she grows throughout the course of the book, how her friends help her start to enjoy life at Uni. Highly recommend if you haven't picked this up yet.


Fantasy
Under very hard scrutiny, I've decided on Mistborn for my fantasy book/trilogy. Not only do they have beautiful covers, but the characters, the story, the world, all of its absolutely mind-blowing. These books are huge, but they're worth the time commitment. I read this entire series in 10 days, I love them so much.

Non-fiction
I don't think I've read a non-fiction book in my life, so I'm going to skip this one.


Sci-fi
It's been a while since I've read this one, 2016 if I do recall, but it still remains one of my favourite books, and it's high up on my favourite Sci-Fi's. If you aren't much of a book-reader, then I highly recommend the film. Best world-building I've read in ages.

2. You're at a bookshop and you hear a teenager telling their mum that they don't like to read, but their mum insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren't big on reading- what book is it?
It's popular, well-known. It's a good book to introduce teens to. It's in the teen section of Waterstones, and this was what I was reading when I was a teenager. It might be a bit bloody and violent, but I think that this would be a good recommendation.

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. What book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?
 
Both of these authors have been my favourites for years. I own every single one of Chris Higgins' books and even though the writing is a little young, there are themes in these books that make them some of the most hard-hitting, yet easy to pick up books I've read in years. My Sisters Keeper is just such a compelling personal book, one that I've re-read many times when I'm going through a slump.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely to have caught yourself reading?
Considering I'm only 21, that was only a couple of years ago. My favourite series' throughout my teenage years has to be Skulduggery Pleasant, by Derek Landy. The 12th book was out in May and I can't wait for the next one.


5. Your friend treats you with a surprise four-day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. What book do you bring to read on the way?
Probably the books that I'm reading at the moment, can't choose between them. Both have quite serious subjects, though one springs straight into action and the other is a slow burner!

6. Your house has been robbed! Don't worry- everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What's the book you really hope is safe?

Probably these two! I read the first one in June and got my hands on the second as soon as I could. These characters- they do something to me. They're both so precious, (not all of the side characters, but the main two) and even though it'll be a long wait until the 3rd edition, which is released in 2020, I'm anxiously awaiting the new year for it to be released into the world.

7. Your friend borrows a book and brings it back in awful condition. Do you a) just pretend you haven't noticed, b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?
Easy: I don't lend my books out. Ever.


Okay! That was the Bookish Scenarios Book Tag!
You're free to do this tag also if you want to.
I hope you enjoyed this tag, and I'll see you all soon.
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxx







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete