Thursday 29 August 2019

August Wrap Up (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I am excited to announce that I will be doing my August Wrap Up today! It's been so long since I've been able to go into detail about what I've been up to on any given month.
Enjoy!


-BOOKS-
I read a total of five books this month, which is more than I thought. Those books are:

1. The Surface Breaks, by Louise O' Neill
This was a very, uniquely written book. Looking back at the Goodreads comments, some people loved the book, some despised it, because the feminism was either clear in every chapter, or it was few and far between. I personally really enjoyed it, especially as it was more like an adaption of the Hans Christian Anderson version rather than the well-known Disney film.


2. Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1), by Natasha Ngan
Yet another book that I wasn't super enthusiastic to start, but ended up kind of enjoying. I say kind of, because of the reason why these paper girls are brought forth to the king. Other than that, I'm intrigued as to what will happen in the follow up book, which has just been released. I get the feeling that this book was just the tip of the ice-berg in this trilogy? series? I don't know. But what I do know is that I will most definitely be continuing on with the next book.
3. Dear Evan Hansen, by Val Emmich
Although from Goodreads, a lot of people didn't seem to stick with this book, I found it incredibly easy to read (despite the delicate subject matter), and I still desperately want to see the musical. Dear Evan Hansen is about a boy who has social anxiety, nervous when in public. But because of one letter, and a lie that takes on a life of it's own, he has a chance to change his life for the better. This is a book that discusses suicide and anxiety in a very real way, so if those are triggers for you, then maybe take a moment to think about whether this book is for you.

4. Crossfire (Noughts and Crosses #5), by Malorie Blackman
Book 5 in the Noughts and Crosses series', and it was everything I hoped it would be. And what's more, there's another book! There are so many plot points that I can't wait to see tied into knots. What's more, it doesn't feel like a completely new series' either, but more subplots have been added in among the old ones. I don't know when the next book is out, but I'm eagerly awaiting the release date.

5. The Opposite of Always, by Justin A. Reynolds
I was really really excited to pick this one up. I wanted to see what it would cost Jack to keep the girl he loved alive, and see what his choice would be. But I got maybe 60-70 pages in until I got bored. It was a lot slower paced than I thought it was going to be, and even though I learned to like the wayward style of writing, it wasn't what I expected it to be. It was a decent book though, so if you like characters that are willing to do anything for the people they love, then I recommend this book.


-FILMS I WATCHED-
1. My Sister's Keeper
2. Fast Girls (again)
3. Mamma Mia
4. Dance Academy: The Comeback

-TV SHOWS I WATCHED-
1. Dance Academy } Season 3
2. The Next Step } Season 5 & 6
3. Waterloo Road } Season 7
4. Dragonball Z
5. Anne With An E } Season 1


-WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO-
Truthfully, I haven't been up to much. I've gone running, because I'm currently training for the Leicester Half Marathon on 6th October.
I've met up with some friends, for Curry takeout, which was fun.
And I went to Boston, near Skegness for the day.

I've got more things planned for September, but it's been a very quiet, and very happy month all in all.


Okay! That was my August Wrap Up (2019), I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to let me know what you got up to in August, what books you read, and what you watched!
I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete