Tuesday 20 August 2019

Buying Books To Mark A Place

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And to be honest, I'm really not sure what to name this post, so I'm writing it down, in the hope that a title comes to me!

It's about something that I've started doing whenever I go to a town that I haven't been to.
It's like when you go to Parkrun to tourist somewhere new.
So, whenever I go to a new place, like when I went to Durham in June, and I went to Boston on Saturday, and because there were Waterstones' in both of those places, to make my mark on the town, I decided that I was going to make it a rule that I buy a book in Waterstones.

And it's a trend that I've decided to keep carrying on with that trend.
Here are some of the books that I've bought, along with the places that I've bought them at.
Also, there's only two at the moment, so this'll be really short.


Durham- Heartstopper Volume 1
I'm not going to go into detail about this book because I've already talked about it a million times. I love these characters so much I just want to hug them close and never let them go. They send my emotions on a rollercoaster whenever I pick up one of the volumes.


Boston- A Darker Shade of Magic
Although I much prefer the US cover, I can't deny its the story that I want to emerge myself in; not the cover. I've been wanting to pick a darker shade of magic for the longest time. It's been on my series tbr far longer than any of the other trilogies I've wanted to pick up. Most people that enjoy reading fantasy probably knows what this book is about. But if not, A Darker Shade of Magic is from the POV of Kell, who is one of the last travellers, who can travel to the different parallel universes throughout the city. There's Grey London, without magic and ruled by the mad king; Red London, where magic is present. And there used to be a Black London. All I know is, everyone is in love with this trilogy and I can't wait to pick it up!
That's going to be it for today! I'll do an update when I've been to visit more places- and got more books!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

2 comments: