Monday 12 August 2019

The Lion King Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And as promised, today I will be reviewing The Lion King live action film!
Enjoy!

After I finished watching this film, I sat. And wrote a ton of notes on my phone on what I thought about this film.
So I'll start.

Firstly, the world and his wife was always going to see this film, because of the music, the story, or a hundred different reasons. Which is why I don't think BeyoncĂ©, cast as Nala, was necessary. This was one of the few negative opinions I have for this film, which is why I'm putting it first. Although I respect her voice, she just wasn't right for this part. That and, she totally oversold "Can you feel the love tonight".
Rant over.

Other than that, a perfectly wonderful film.

Although there were drawbacks to the way they made the animals look like actual animals, and less like the cartoons in the original- like the fact that I didn't shed one tear when Mufasa died- I couldn't deny how cute Simba looked when he was a cub.


Another part that I loved was the voices: even though James Earl Jones' voice must have changed over the years, he still managed to voice Mufasa justice; Zazu's voice dripped with sarcasm, and I have to admit, Donald Glover did a fantastic job in voicing Simba.

Not to mention Timone and Pumba, who absolutely stole the show with their humour. Although there were a few differences in the way the humour played out, like the "farting" part in the introduction, it was just as funny as the original.
So many moments, where I couldn't stop laughing. "In the jungle." (Those that have seen the film will know what I mean.) Using the quote from Beauty and the Beast ...and then running away screaming.
And then, just when I thought they couldn't get any better, they reference riffing!

Other than that, we also got more of a backstory with Mufasa and Scar, what happened before the events of the Lion King, which I really enjoyed.

I also want to mention, which was arguably the best part of the film: Rafiki waving his BIG STICK AROUND! That crazy monkey is my absolute favourite and it was wonderful to see him get stuck in.


So overall, even though I enjoyed this live action remake of the classic Lion King, I think I prefer the 1994 version. What did you guys think? Let me know in the comments.

I'll see you guys soon.
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete