Thursday 28 November 2019

November Wrap Up (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it seems like only yesterday it was Halloween. But, yet again, another month has rolled towards the end and it's time for another wrap up!

-BOOKS-
I read a total of 5 books this month. Going into December, I'm ahead of my goal, and I only have to read 2 books to achieve my Goodreads reading goal. My current count of unread books that I own is at 4, so hopefully I'll get to read all of those before December is up.
Here are all the books I read in November:

1. Pumpkin Heads, by Rainbow Rowell & Faith Erin Hicks
Pumpkin Heads takes place on Halloween, the last night of the season. Every season, Deja and Josiah have worked at the pumpkin patch since they were freshman. But now they are seniors, and this is their last night before heading off to Uni next year. What happens is fast-paced and funny, and it's definitely made me want to reach for more graphic novels in the upcoming year.

2. Four: A Divergent Collection (Divergent 0.1-0.4), by Veronica Roth
Previous to picking up this book, I'd been thinking about Divergent a lot. This seemed like the perfect pick. Aside from that, because this book is made up of short stories, I knew I'd be able to fly through it, having already known the story. Although it doesn't add a lot to the overall story, it was interesting to read from a different perspective.

3. With the Fire on High, by Elizabeth Acevedo
Having been interested in this novel for quite some time, I finally bought it. My overall thoughts on this novel are that there isn't loads of plot, but what makes this novel great is the writing and the description. Honestly, every recipe had my mouth watering. Aside from that, even the representation of a single mother, who lives with her grandmother, is a perspective that I haven't read from. Ever, I don't think.

4. Girl of Stone and Shadow (Girl of Paper and Fire #2), by Natasha Ngan
Even though it took me longer than it should have to finish the second novel in the series, I have to say that I rather enjoyed Girls of Storm and Shadow. I got to meet some new characters, read from the point of views of some of the characters from the first book. I also got to explore more of the world, as the crew of warriors travelled across the land to secure the alliance of different clans for the war. Highly recommend this series if you haven't picked it up yet.

I finished Warcross just yesterday. I decided to re-read it so I could refresh my memory on what happened, so I was up to date for when I pick up Wildcard (my next read.) Wildcard is the book that I've had the longest on my unread shelf, so I was definitely looking forward to picking this up again and emerging myself in the world of Warcross. Looking forward to adding another completed series to my list as well.


-FILMS-
I watched a fair amount of films in November. Because my partner and I didn't really get much into the Halloween spirit in October, we decided to carry it on into November.
1. Saw II          2. Saw III
3. Saw IV       4. Saw V
5. Saw VI          6. Saw VII
7. Jigsaw             8. Fast Girls
9. Coraline 
10. Kick-ass 2
11. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
12. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  
13.  My Sister's Keeper
14. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
15. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (we'll most likely watch on Saturday, which is still technically November.)

-TV SHOWS-
1. Pokémon~ Season 1
2. The Next Step~ Season 1 & 2
3. Anne With An E- Season 2 (Finished)
4. Fawlty Towers~ Couple of episodes


Other than that, I haven't really got up to much this month. I've been working, and I've been writing and preparing for a half marathon, which I will run next Sunday (wish me luck!)

Oh! And I reached 100,000 views on here!
Thank-you everyone who has been on here, even just once.
I couldn't have got to this point without you!
(Also, I managed it before my 4 year anniversary of starting up this blog!)


So that's that! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I'll see you all next week, when it will officially be December!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment