Monday 2 March 2020

March TBR (2020)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I'm back with my March TBR (2020)!
To be honest, I have so little books left on my physical TBR that I don't really have a choice in what I plan to read!
(Unless I blow it all, which is seeming unlikely since I'm looking forward to reading all of these.)
So here's what I'm reading this month!


1. Solitaire, by Alice Oseman
I'm finally getting to some of Alice Oseman's other books! I was at a total loss as to whether to start with Solitaire or Radio Silence, because I own both of them, but after flipping a coin, it ended up with Solitaire. To be honest, it'll be interesting to see how Alice has improved in her writing, from when she released Solitaire, to Radio Silence. I started it just yesterday, after deciding to DNF The Starless Sea, and I'm already 150 pages into it! (This is so hard to put down, no doubt I'll finish it in the new few days at most.)

2. A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1), by V.E Schwab
I've been saying for long enough that I'm going to leave this until I've read the rest of my books, because then I'll be free to pursue the rest of the trilogy, but NO MORE. I'm sick of seeing it on my TBR, when I really want to read it. The hype is huge for this book and I just know that I'm going to love it as much as everyone does! All I know is that this is the story of Kell, one of the last people able to travel to all the parallel London's. This is the book that has been sitting on my shelf the longest out of all the books I have on this TBR (1) because I wanted to get to it last, and 2) because I bought the rest of these last month) so it's kind of embarrassing how long it's been collecting dust on my shelf. But this month's the month!

3. Radio Silence, by Alice Oseman
Looking at the reviews on Goodreads about this book, I can't find a single negative review about this book. There's tonnes of LGBT rep which I love knowing is in a book, from what it looks like, it's loved as much as A Darker Shade of Magic. It doesn't have a romance, it's purely a platonic relationship between Frances and Aled. Can't wait to see what I think about this book. Radio Silence's Frances (protagonist) is a study machine. No distractions, not even her friends, or the secret she must desperately conceal will get in the way of being of her goal. But then Frances meets Aled, and she can be the person she wants to be. But when the fragile trust between the two of them is broken, she must come to terms with why Carys disappeared.


4. The Mercies, by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
I wanted to put it to one side for a while when I found out that it takes place on an island surrounded by sea, because it reminded me too much of The Light Between Oceans. But the time has come when I'm going to read it (also because the books that I've mentioned on this TBR are the only physical books I own.) The Mercies starts off watching every male drown in the depths of the ocean. Set in 1617, the women are then left to take control of the land, to learn to survive in the absence of their loved ones. Eighteen months later, Absalom Cornet arrives on the island with his wife, ready to bring the women of the island to heel. But his wife, Ursa sees something in one of the women, Maren Magnusdatter: an independent women. This is a historical fiction novel, but it's also based on the Vardo storm and 1621 witch trials, so I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up.


5. Twin Ambitions: My Autobiography, by Mo Farah
The physical copy of this book is currently out of print, but there's no way that's going to stop me finishing this, especially as it's one of my TBR Jar Challenges for the year. I've downloaded the audiobook, and even though it's not narrated by Mo Farah himself, I still think it'll be interesting to read about his story leading up to the Olympics. Even though I haven't read many autobiographies, (and none this year so far) I hope this'll be the first in many.

Okay! That's the end of the TBR for the month! I hope you like my picks (don't have much choice haha) and feel free to comment what you're planning on reading in March in the comments below!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you all soon.
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxx





2 comments: