Monday 17 September 2018

Crazy Rich Asians Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm now finally caught up on my film reviews!
I went to see this on Friday on a spur of the moment decision, and I can't wait to share my thoughts with you.
Enjoy!


I see that poster, and it all just comes flooding back. I just have this deep love for this film because of all the qualities that it has. And all the things are combined into one big amazing film.


The attention to detail in this film is INSANE. The budget must have been huge for this film because I can't fault the different locations that made up this film. Everything was just so aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and absolutely perfect for the scene within the film. The decoration team did it's JOB in this film. And that's exactly what it needed to be.

Also, the dialogue was flawless. The dialogue and the script was what controlled the plot. The dialogue allowed the audience to feel what needed to be felt. Whether the purpose of the words was to make us laugh or to cry, it was super easy to laugh or cry or sigh because of something so beautiful (and this was happening so much.)

And the characters, OMG. There were just enough funny and loveable characters to compete with the mean and crazy ones, and there were plenty of those, let me tell you. The characters are basically what made this film. I have some personal favourites: Rachel, the middle-class girlfriend of Nick, who lives in New York. She was an instant favourite because she had no idea what she was in for with this mad family. I also loved her Uni roommate, who was the funniest character by far.
On the other hand, Nick's mother was the devil. She was ruthless and narcissistic and even though her intentions are good, she is hurtful and mean and does everything in her power to keep Rachel and Nick away from each-other. She is the character that you don't love to hate, but just hate in general.

Also, what I liked about this film is that you get the opportunity to see both sides of the argument, as much as you might not want to. You get to see Nick's family's side- the side of honour, of protecting your family, even if you might suffer as an individual. And you see Rachel's side, the side where you and your one family member are a team, protecting each-other, and it's Rachel's job to show Nick's mum that she would sacrifice for her family.

Overall, this was a brilliantly thought out film that I ended up loving so much more than I thought I was going to. I can see why the whole world is going mad for this film, and I am so glad that I got the chance to see it.
(Go see it if you think you'll like it- I think you will.)

Okay! So that is my review of Crazy Rich Asians! I hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment