Wednesday 12 September 2018

31-40 Books of 2018

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I am so far behind on this, one more book read and I will need to do another one!
So here's a lookback on some of the books that I've read recently!
Enjoy!


Every book that is outlined in blue and underlined there is a review linked into the title. Now that I've said that, I won't repeat it. The Night Circus is a very articulate book. There are puzzle pieces that eventually fit into the whole puzzle, and it's so fun to work out the relationships, the way people play the game, and the magic is at the foundation of it all. My only critique is that it is such a slow burner, I quickly lost interest at a couple of points. But the further I got, the more invested I became. Recommend this if you haven't yet picked it up.

What do I say about this book? It throws you into the story right away and it doesn't let you go until the final page. I have to be honest, other than a couple of plot points, it went in a completely different direction to what I was expecting. I gained so much more from the multiple perspectives than I would had it just been Zelee's, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to read the full picture, especially after The Night Circus being the polar opposite. The character development was on point, it didn't feel rushed at all, despite how quick pace it was, and it was an overall fantastic book.


(33.This Savage Song and 34.Our Dark Duet)

I finally read a V.E Schwab book! It was so fun to marathon this duology after a very long hiatus, and because it's just the two books, it wasn't overwhelming at all. I can finally see what the hype is when it comes to V. E Schwab, and I am eager to pick up another. Maybe Vicious...
One complaint, it was a bit slow at the start, but I understand why. New world, new characters to be introduced to, is a lot to get to grips with. But once I got into it, I could not put this duology down! I read this duology in three days, and I think it may make my favourites list for this year!

I feel like this was a book I had to read. I knew what it was about, yet I still picked it up. I don't know why I picked it up, but I do not regret it. Because it sends a message loud and clear that "it does not matter what kind of person you are, whether you are sensitive and kind, or a complete diva who is horrible to everybody. Nobody deserves to be raped." This was not an easy book to read, but I learnt something from it. And if you would, I ask that you at least consider picking it up.


For the second book in the second Skulduggery Pleasant instalment, this book blew apart my expectations. It was so much better than Resurrection, the first book, it had more funny jokes, the characters are starting to become more of themselves, and there's a time limit, which was putting everyone on edge! There was a clear goal, and nobody was forgotten either. There is one book left in this trilogy and I was so heart-wrecked by the end of the book that I tweeted Derek Landy, just to ask when the next book is out. That ending was mad, and I have no idea how it's going to be wrapped. A year to wait. Countdown.


37. The Perks of Being A Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky
I really don't think I need to talk much about this book. It's so well-known and so well loved that I just don't need to. Another all time favourite, its painfully good. It's got some painful themes, some that are obvious, and some that are hiding in the shadows. If you haven't read it, get on it. As soon as you can. You won't regret it.

This book was a nice complement to the first one. The first one was explosive, mean girls doing worse things to each other to up their positive in ballet school. But this second and final book, it's more about being the best you can be, for that spot in the company. The girls have one year to be the best before their final audition and the heat is on. You wouldn't believe the changes that the characters make from the start of the duology to the end and you end up rooting for the characters you started off despising at the start. This book is full of twists and turns and it was a novel that I thoroughly enjoyed.

39. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
Another all time favourite, one that I've read time and time again. What I like is that it's one of those books that I can read this book a million times and never get bored. Whether it's living in Simon and Baz's world, or Cath's own, I'm never once bored. Another must read if you haven't.


40. The Bad Beginning (Series of Unfortunate Events #1), by Lemony Snicket
And finally, the first book in the Series of Unfortunate Events. This is the first in a thirteen book series and this was so short, I flew through it in a matter of hours. It doesn't really go into depth about the characters or the overall plot of the series, but I wouldn't expect it to. This is basically the foundation of this story and even though it isn't the best book in the series, far from it, I recommend this series as a whole, not the book by itself, but the whole series.


Okay! So that is some of the books that I have read recently! I hope you enjoyed it, I hope you have a lovely day, and I will see you all on Friday, when it's my birthday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx










No comments:

Post a Comment