Monday 10 September 2018

The Incredibles 2 Movie Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I have two film reviews left: The Incredibles 2, and the Meg.
And tonight, I post my thoughts and feelings on the former.
Enjoy!


Okay, so the film poster. What stands out to me is the structure. The way there's the big "i" as a backdrop, the antagonist behind it, like it's trying to capture them. And then there's the whole family up in the front, with Frozone and a minuscule Edna to the side. But what I love about this poster is that you get a bit of a clue regarding the family's powers, particularly the children's. It doesn't give too much away, but it gives you clues as to what is going to happen in the film.

On to the film. My first thought, the comedy was on point. It was so much more of a comedy than I thought it was going to be. It has to be one of the funniest Disney film that I've had the fortune to watch. And I loved how much of the comedy came from the children.
Especially Jack-Jack. He stole the show, point blank. I don't want to reveal much, but Jack Jack was the shining comedy factor, that appeared more than most whenever it seemed the scene was getting too intense, Jack-Jack would do something unexpected and it would just lighten everything back up a x a million!

Also, the kids became more in themselves. You know how at the end, Violet begins to show more of a character arc by having her hair behind her ears, as opposed to the start, when it's all in front of her face? I liked that the kids became more of themselves, and when the time came, they were the ones that could be relied on, instead of being a distraction.

One thing I had to say was that it was way too easy to get the idea of who the villain is. I wasn't 100% certain, but I wasn't surprised at all when it was revealed. It wasn't the hardest to figure out, to be honest.

Also, even though there are eight years between the two films, it was strange how well it seemed like no time had passed, even though it had been no less than 14 years. There was a nice balance between the way the first film was, and this one, and I think it worked rather well.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it this film. I am aware that it is a rather short review, but I don't really have any other thoughts. But I have to say, I think this film rather outshined the previous one. As much as I liked this film, I do hope that this is it for the Incredibles, though it would be fun to find out where each member goes from here. Wouldn't that be interesting?

Okay! So that is my review of The Incredibles 2! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know in the comments what your thoughts were!
Have a good day, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment