Friday 12 February 2016

Lone Wolf, by Jodi Picoult

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am doing my review of Lone Wolf, by Jodi Picoult! Thanks again for the book, Nan!

Lone Wolf, by Jodi Picoult
Title: Lone Wolf
Author: Jodi Picoult
Genre: Contemporary, adult fiction 
Release date: 28th February, 2012
Pages: 445 
Blurb: "Luke Warren would sleep in the dirt of it meant he could be under the stars. 
He lived by the laws of nature, and would surely want toadies that way. 
But Luke is in a coma, and his family must make an unbearable decision. 
As tensions and secrets rise to the surface, the tragic accident which brought them back together against the odds could well tear Luke's family apart forever. 
They know Luke would not like to live like this. But how can they choose to let him die?" 

My Thoughts
Jodi Picoult has never been one to shy away from difficult subjects, and this one is no different. (I mean, I'm not an expert, I've only read My Sister's Keeper and Lone Wolf now) but her books just shock you in the direction that they end up taking you. 
This book is about a man and his daughter in a car crash, and having been in a car crash, I could relate to this so much because, when I was reading the book I was thinking "Did my family consider this?", and it made me wonder what my family were thinking around the time. 
It really is a heartstring pulling book, particularly when siblings are on opposing signs of a decision, but the characters themselves are what makes the book great, through loyalties that they have to different members of the family that are not revealed until later. It's that that makes this book a solid four stars. 
The plot dwindles a bit at the beginning, but as the story progresses, it gets increasingly better, but in jumps, yet, you don't feel that it is rushed, but gradually gets better. 
So, this book really opened my eyes. I won't deny that. And it shocked me as well. Definitely recommend this one, but only for those that can handle adult content. 

So, those are my thoughts on Lone Wolf, by Jodi Picoult! Unforgettable. And that is all that I have for you today, I'll see you on Sunday, and bye! 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment