Sunday 14 February 2016

Top Romance Books

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since it is Valentine's Day (never felt more single), and so I thought I would list my favourite romance books (despite the fact that I don't really read many romance books). So, let's begin!

1. All The Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven
This one is both heart-warming, and heart-breaking because it isn't just about love. It's also got some very dark points in the story for both of the characters, and as they become close, for one of those characters, everything else just gets increasingly worse. This book is so hauntingly beautiful, and it doesn't lie to you, which is why it's one of my favourite romance stories. 

2. The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green
Now, most people know what this one is about,  as it is also a film too. Also, this book is the entire package. Funny dialogue (it kind of has to, as it is a VERY serious subject- teens with cancer) but you go on a journey along with Hazel and Augustus, and it's all just so beautifully tragic. 

3. Noughts & Crosses, by Malorie Blackman
Now, this book is a jumble of different genres, but primarily is a love book. Not romance, love. Because it surrounds the relationship of Callum, and Sephy. And that relationship is passion, and growing up together, and wanting to take on the world that don't want them to be together because he is a Nought, and she is a Cross. And this book is just... phenomenal. 

4. Kiss, by Jacqueline Wilson
I think that this is the first romance book that I have seriously read, (apart from Love Lessons, but that one isn't that realistic), and I can relate so much, because this one is  about unrequited love, (but it's for a different reason than you'd think). But I think I like this one because I can see myself in the main character, Sylvie. (Elements, like I don't think im exactly like her, but you get what I mean). 

5. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
This one is really a cutesie romance. The protagonist is Cath, a shy girl who writes fan fiction, and her romance is with Levi, and this is really an unlikely romance, to be honest, but it's so cute! Just... go read it! You won't regret it, promise. 

6. Before I Die, by Jenny Downham
Okay, yeah, I know that the title makes the book sounds incredibly depressing, and it will make you cry towards the end, but OMG, this book. Not just the romance, but the entire story. And also, it is another cancer book. 
7. Silence, by Natasha Preston
This writing in this book is so delicate, and that's what makes this romance so beautiful. It centres around Oakley, who has been silent since she was 5 (why is released later), and Cole, who has been her friend since way before then. And also, ice-cream is involved, so what's not to like? 

And those are my top romance books (and top romances). If you guys have any thoughts about your favourite romance books, or romances, let me know, I love to see your comments! I will see you guys tomorrow, and... Bye! 

-Abi xxxxx 



No comments:

Post a Comment