Wednesday 24 February 2016

Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game #2), by Sara Shepard

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I can't believe how quickly I finished this book!
I don't really have else to say, so let's get on with the review!

Never Have I Ever (The Lying Game #2), by Sara Shepard 
Title: Never Have I Ever
Author: Sara Shepard
Genre: Contemporary, thriller
Release date: 2nd August, 2011
Pages: 309 
Blurb: "My perfect life was a lie. Now I'd do anything to uncover the truth. 
Not long ago, I had everything a girl could ask for: amazing friends, an adorable boy-friend, a loving family. But none of them know that I'm gone- that I'm dead. To solve my murder, my long-lost twin sister, Emma, has taken my place. And now my killer's watching her every move. 
I remember little from my life, so all I can do is follow along as Emma tries to solve the mystery of my disappearance. But the deeper she digs, the more suspects she uncovers. It turns out my friends and I played a lot of games- games that ruined people's lives. 
Anyone could want revenge... anyone could want me- and now Emma- dead. 
Let the Lying Game continue...

My Thoughts
I don't know what it is about this book, but I didn't quite like this book as much as the first one. I think it might be that I like starting new series, but this one seemed a bit lighter. I mean, I think what I liked about the first one was that you had the feeling that the killer could be anywhere, but when specific people are suspected, it kind of loses the constantly looking over your shoulder kind of feeling, which I really liked about the first book. 
Saying that, I did still really like this one. God, the romance, tension and plot development had me scowling in frustration (that's a good thing), and if you have read this, you know what I'm talking about (romance). 
Also, the characters are a bit confusing. It's like me when I was in primary school. They're yelling, and then they're best friends again, and then they're suspects again, but I'm hoping the characters will make more sense in the next book (already ordered it). 
I did actually really enjoy this book, even though it may not seem like it, but I really did, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next one (Two Truths and a Lie). 
So, I will see you guys on Friday! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment