Sunday 3 April 2016

Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I finished this book on the 29th, but I like to post my wrap up and tbr of each month as close to the month as possible, so this review kind of got pushed to the side (having said that I also finished book of Lies two days ago, so that review is going to be tomorrow), but I'm doing it now, so let's get on with the post!

Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell
Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Genre: Romance
Release date: 26th February, 2013
Pages: 325
Blurb: "Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic family life, her mismatched clothes and unruly red hair, she couldn't stick out more if she tried. 
Park is the boy at the back of the bus. Black T-shirts, headphones, head in a book- he thinks he's made himself invisible. But not to Eleanor... never to Eleanor.
Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall for each other. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're young, and you feel as if you have nothing and everything to lose." 


My Thoughts
I don't know why I didn't really enjoy this much as I was expecting. It might have been that two of my friends have already read it recently (by recently I mean in the past two years), and they both rated it five stars. It might just be because it was mid March, and I wasn't really in the mood to read a cute romance. I don't read many romance books anyway, and it has to be a time when I'm in the right mood for it. But my friend let me borrow this one, (along with Attachments that I am reading now, though not yet started), and I try to read books that I've borrowed asap because I have a habit of ruining my books, despite how careful I am around them, and also because it's someone else's books, and I don't like it when someone else borrows my books and takes ages to give them back, so I shouldn't do that to someone else. 
I don't know what it was, but I just didn't enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. I mean, I enjoyed it, a fair amount, and I laughed out loud a few times because it was all just so damn cute! (And trust me, it takes a lot for me to laugh out loud at a book), and I loved the relationship between Eleanor & Park, but it just didn't do it for me. 
Don't get be wrong, the ending was good, but the twist I almost saw coming, because I was trying to notice things that might impact the ending, because I saw the comments about the ending on Goodreads. 
It was a solid four stars, but I wanted it to just jump into it more, and if that doesn't make sense, sorry. 
So overall, I did really enjoy this book, I gave it four stars (originally 4.25, but I pulled it down a bit), but it was still a solid four star book, and I did enjoy this book, despite my pretty negative review. But it just didn't do it for me, sorry. 

So those were my thoughts on Eleanor and Park! I hope you enjoyed it, I will see you guys tomorrow, with my Book of Lies review! Sorry about the overall negative review guys! So, bye! 

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment