Monday 11 April 2016

Evaluating My TBR Jar Challenge

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am going to be evaluating my progress of my TBR Jar Challenges, because it is already April (really can't believe that), and it is already the second quarter in the year. I will be telling you guys what I plan to do for each challenge.
So, let's get on with the post!

Evaluating My TBR Jar Challenge 
So, these are the challenges that I started at the beginning of the year, there are 16 of them:
1. Read a book with 500+ pages
2. Re-read a favourite book
3. Read a popular YA book
4. Read a book that someone else picks
5. Read a book published in the last 3 years
6. Read a book with magic
7. Read a new-to-you author
8. Read a book that was made into a film
9. Read a series finale
10. Read a book you own and haven't read yet
11. Read a graphic novel
12. Read a sequel
13. Read a book published in 2016
14. Read a book guaranteed to bring you joy
15. Read a non-fiction book
16. Read a book based on a fairytale

So those are all the categories for my TBR Jar Challenge for 2016! What I will be doing next is listing each challenge that I have picked in the previous months, and listing the books that I have chosen for them.
So, these are what I picked:
1. Read a graphic novel- Tomb Raider: The Merlin Stone
This was a really easy read. I read it in one sitting, on a Sunday morning (cue the Lionel Richie song).

2. Read a book published in 2016 (not completed)
If you remember, I originally intended to read Passenger for this one, but at the time it wasn't available in the UK. Well, it is now, but I'm going to go with "On The Other Side", by Carrie Hope Fletcher because I've already pre-ordered that book, and what's the point of buying another book if you've already got another one that fills the category?

3. Read a book that was made into a film- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
This was a book that had been on my TBR for a while.

4. Read a book that is guaranteed to bring you joy- I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson

5. Read a book that you own and haven't read yet- (Not completed yet)
I only got this challenge this month, and the book for this category is More Than This, by Patrick Ness. I should read this book later on this month.


6. Read a book that has been published in the last 3 years- (Currently doing now),- The Girl With All The Gifts, by M R Carey
So enjoying this book at the moment. 


So that is my evaluation of my TBR Jar Challenge of 2016. Truthfully, I think I am doing okay. I am on top of most of them, and those that I didn't complete, I will soon. 

Also, two other things: 
In my giving up on a book post, I actually didn't mention what book I gave up on. That book was *sigh* Attachments, by Rainbow Rowell. I just feel like it was the wrong time to attempt it. One of my friends said that there sometimes isn't even a reason why you just don't like a book when you should. So, I just gave up on it.

Also, I lowered my Goodreads challenge to 30 books instead of 50. Mainly because I don't want to push myself to read books, when I want to go back and re-read one of my favourites. Also, I want to be able to read what I want too, so I pulled my target number down. 

So, that is my post! I hope you enjoyed it! I will see you guys on Wednesday, and I am aiming to finish the Girl With All The Gifts, because I haven't really done a review in AGES. 
So, bye! 

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment