Sunday 8 May 2016

Books 10-20 of 2016

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I have read 21 books towards my reading goal, so I thought I'd look back on them!
So here's the post!


Books 10-20 of 2016

11. Two Truths and a Lie (The Lying Game #3), by Sara Shepard
After reading the second book in this series, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to carry on with this series, but I'm glad I did because this book was so much better (in my opinion, that is). The plot changed because characters got introduced, that made the web of mystery that much more exciting, plus the same feeling of not being able to trust anyone came back, and that is part of why I liked the first book so much. The only difference was, I knew more about the characters this time around. This book is my favourite in the series so far. 


12. I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson
Now this book I did really love. It's about twins that are artsy, both incredibly talented, and they are incredibly close. But one horrific event pulls them apart, and in both times of the book (the story takes place at two different points, before this horrific event and after, one twin's perspective on each time point) they are both struggling with things. The way that this book is done is so beautiful, it ticks every box. The characters are great, the romances aren't insta-love, the writing just flows. Read this book in 3 days. 

13. Demon Road (Demon Road #1), by Derek Landy
This is the first book in the trilogy, and I always knew I was going to read it because I loved Landy's 1st series, Skulduggery Pleasant. Except this time I related with the protagonist (nothing else, I mean my parents aren't demons). She is a girl called Amber who is always on the internet, but when her parents tried to kill her, she is forced to go on the run. Super action packed, quick getaways, and quirky characters. Loved this book.

14. Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor and Park. I actually can't remember much about this book, but I do know that it was incredibly cute, set in the 70s or 80s, and that I kind of saw the plot twist coming at the end. I did love the way Eleanor and Park got to know each other, and that it wasn't insta-love which I really liked. Also, the cover ties in with the book really well. 

15. Book of Lies, by Teri Terry
Okay, I read this book in one afternoon (mainly because I was meeting the author the day after and I was behind the time), and I flew through it. Though the plot didn't really interest me as much as the rest of her books, I love Teri Terry's writing enough to read it. Saying that, this book took a creepier turn than the rest of her works, so it's good to know that she can write for different genres. Still my favourite author of all time. 

16. The Girl With All The Gifts, by M R Carey
This was one of my TBR Jar challenge books for April (I think). It went in a different direction to one that I was expecting, like I didn't twig what it was about at first, but I soon figured it out. The characters were nice, you got to see a different part of them, as opposed to how the other characters saw them, because of the different POV's. It was a decent book. 

17. Hide and Seek (The Lying Game #4), by Sara Shepard
This book beat If I thought that Two Truths and a Lie was good, I didn't know what was going to happen to me in this book. If the finale to this series is anything like this book, I can't wait!

18. More Than This, by Patrick Ness
For the first like 150 odd pages, I didn't particularly like this book. In fact that's an understatement. I actually considered giving this book up to try something else. But then I got past the 150 page mark it totally and completely got so much better. I had no idea what direction the plot was going in until it got there. I read the last 150 pages in like an hour, it was that good. Totally recommend.

19. Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes
Loved this book, there really is no words I can say to explain how incredible this book is. 

20. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1), by Cassandra Clare
This is the start of the Mortal Instruments book series by Cassandra Clare, and to be honest I wasn't sure if one wanted to attempt this series again (I tried it four-five years ago and really didn't like it). But the hype was too big, so I succumbed. It was okay, to be honest. I wasn't amazed by it, but I wasn't horrified either. I am currently on the third book (City of Glass). 

So those are the 10-20 books that I have read in 2016! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you want to see me go into more detail on any of these books, I have done reviews for all of them. They are on my Post Pandemonium page somewhere on my blog. 
So that is all that I have for you guys today! I will see you tomorrow, and I will definitely be doing my review of City of Ashes! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx















No comments:

Post a Comment