Wednesday 11 May 2016

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3), by Cassandra Clare

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I bet your sick of reviews at this point-two posts in a row!
Lets get on to the review.

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3), by Cassandra Clare
Title: City of Glass
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: Action & Fantasy
Release date: 24th March, 2009
Pages: 492
Blurb: "Amid the chaos of war, the Shadowhunters must decide to fight with the vampires, werewolves and other Downworlders-or against them. Meanwhile, Jace and Clary have their own decision to make: should they pursue the love they know is forbidden?"

My Thoughts
I feel like anything I say won't be the most popular opinion because every review I've seen, they all say that this is the best one yet. I disagree. I personally think that City of Glass was better. Saying that, there were some things that were better too. I'll get into that now. 

To be honest, I feel like nothing really happened on the first half, apart from a couple of things that aren't really worth mentioning (and I can't anyway, because this is a spoiler free review). But that is the reason why I didn't particularly love this book as much as I could have done. 

Saying that, I did really like what happened in this book. I can't say much because it is the third book in the series, and I don't want to spoil anything, plot wise, but I was not expecting anything like what happened to happen. I couldn't believe what was happening in the second part of this book. 
Some of these events kind of had me speechless too. A character died that is going to ruin some of these characters. Friendships were made, others were shattered, and other characters can just be awkward towards each-other because of something that happened. 
Read it to find out what I'm talking about, because I did really enjoy the things that happened in this book. It was just one thing after another. 

I actually can't think of anything else to say regarding this book at the moment, so I'm gonna end the review here! Knowing me, I'll probably remember a bunch of thoughts once I post this- that's normally what happens- but for now that's all I have for you guys! 

I am currently about 200 pages away from finishing City of Fallen Angels, so depending on when I finish that, I may or may not review that on Friday! Otherwise, I'll be listing my summer TBR! That will be up eventually, so look out for that. 
I will see you guys on Friday, bye!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment