Sunday 15 May 2016

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4), by Cassandra Clare

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I am doing my City of Fallen Angels review!
Though looking back, it probably would have been a better idea to review City of Fallen Angels on Friday, and do my Summer TBR today because it's a nicer day, but oh well! Here's the review!


City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4), by Cassandra Clare
Title: City of Fallen Angels
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: Action & Fantasy
Release date: 5th Aprill, 2011
Pages: 435
Blurb: "Clary is back in New York and life is good: she's training to be a Shadowhunter and is finally able to call Jace her boyfriend. 
But nothing comes without a price. When Jace inexplicably begins to pull away from her, Clary is forced to acknowledge that she herself has set in motion a chain of events that could lead to the loss of everything she loves. Even Jace."

My Thoughts
Okay, even more so than the last time, I feel like I'm going to be in the minority where this book is concerned. This is because I actually did really enjoy this book. More than most really. It took a bit long for them to introduce the villain, but I was enjoying the book that much that I didn't really mind. 

I mean, I liked the fact that the book slowed at the start because after you defeat a bad guy for half a series, I feel like characters need a break, and its nice that they got a bit of a break before the new villain got introduced (as the new villain at least). 

I honestly think that this book is one of the most consistent out of all of them. Saying that, there was a point about 150 pages in that wavered a bit, but it picked up after that. 

You got introduced to a couple of characters in this book, and then there were some character development for others, and one that I particularly liked was when you find out the perspective of a character that you would otherwise have hated because of the perspective of another character. 

The plot didn't progress as much as I would have liked, which is the reason that I didn't give it four stars. Saying that, Cassandra Clare set up a good starting point for the last two books (I can't believe how quickly I'm raking through these books) and I'm looking forward to see how it goes. 

The characters were as good as they have always been. Clary seems to be getting better at thinking under pressure, as does Simon (though saying that, he always was that good, especially with a bow and arrow- from the first book). 

Yeah, so overall I really did enjoy this book, and I'm starting to really like this series! 

So, that's all that I have for you guys today! I have no idea what I'm going to post tomorrow, but I'll figure it out. So, that's that! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment