Monday 23 May 2016

May Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I thought it would be a good time to do a book haul because nearing the end of the month, and I have a bunch of books that in want to show you guys all the wonderful books to show you guys!
So, let's get on with the haul!

May Book Haul (2016)
So I have a total of 7 books to show you all today, so here they are:

1. House Rules, by Jodi Picoult
I finally found a book that fits the category of "read a book with 500+ pages"! Also, it's by Jodi Picoult, and if there's one thing that I love about Jodi Picoult's book, it's that her books never go in the direction that you think she will. She is also one for plot twists. Be careful if you're about to read your first Jodi Picoult book, because her plot twists will throw your mind into turmoil. 
Can't wait to read another Jodi Picoult book, because this one looks intense. 


2. Glass Sword, by Victoria Aveyard
This is the second book in the Red Queen cover, and can I just say that I love this cover so much, as well as the first one. This is going to be one of the books that I'm considering to be my "read a sequel" for my 2016 TBR (it depends whether I feel like rereading Red Queen or Demon Road -the other contender- though at this point, it's more likely to be this one,  because I only read Demon Road in March, I think). 
Can't wait to read this either.


3. The Casual Vacancy, by J K Rowling
I actually don't know that much about this book, but it's J K Rowling. Also, it's hardback. I don't really know when I'm gonna read this, maybe just for a rainy day, I don't know. 
By the way, I literally got this book while I was typing this. Thank-you for the book, Alex! Can't wait to read this. 


4. Desolation, by Derek Landy
Okay, the cover for this actually looks quite good for this, in the way that it's progressed since the cover of the first book. Also, the cover makes me want to read it now. At least, want to read it before the concluding book (American Monsters) is released on the 25th August. 
Looking forward to reading this. 


5. The Hobbit, by J R R Tolkien
People seem to have a think of giving me free books this month, because this one was also a gift. It's the illustrated version of the Hobbit, and I think it was released in like 2000. I'm seriously so sentimental, I'm literally scared to touch it because I don't want to ruin it. 


Series of Unfortunate Events Books
Okay, I just thought I'd let you all know that these last two books are from the series.

6. The Bad Beginning, by Lemony Snicket

7. The Reptile Room, by Lemony Snicket
These two are the first and second books in the series of unfortunate events series (there are 13 books in the series). I currently have 5 of these books, so basically I'm making my way to have the entire series. (Not got the entire series yet, but I'm getting there). 


So those are all of the books that I have obtained in the month of May! That is all I have for you guys, and I will see you all on Friday! Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment