Monday 1 May 2017

April Wrap Up & May TBR (2017)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I didn't read that many books in April I have decided to post both my April Wrap Up and my May TBR (2017) together!
Enjoy!

April Wrap Up & May TBR (2017)
April Wrap Up (2017)
So in the month of April I read a total of (after checking Goodreads) 6 books! (Wow, more than I thought...). They were all physical books, and one of them was a re-read. Here are the books I read!
2. Salt to the Sea, by Ruta Sepeteys
3. The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas
4. The Wolf Wilder, by Katherine Rundell
5. Flawed (Flawed #1), by Cecelia Ahern (Re-read)
6. Perfect (Flawed #2), by Cecelia Ahern

So there is something I wanted to talk to you guys about my reviews and wrap-ups. When I go to review to books, I used to enjoy them. But lately I seem to be thinking about them like they're a chore, which isn't really how I should be approaching reviews, I know. And I also feel the responsibility to review every book I read, because most books I tend to love and I feel like it's my responsibility to share my thoughts on each and every book. So for the time being, I'm only going to be reviewing books that I actually have a lot of thoughts on (whether good or bad).
And I'm also really behind in terms of reviewing the books I read this month, which I found out when writing my wrap up and I go to link the reviews of the books I've read. (I've only reviewed one so far this month, though I swear I've reviewed Salt to the Sea: guess not).
But that's just something I wanted to say, and I hope you guys enjoy the reviews that I write!

Okay, on to the TBR!

May TBR (2017)
1. The Sudden Appearance of Hope, by Claire North
Though it was on my radar for some time, I didn't specifically search for it either. I'm putting this first on my list because I found it in the library and I want to read it now before I forget about it again (I started the Flawed duology and then realised I had a library book to read). I don't know much about this book except that it's about a girl called Hope and from the time she was sixteen she is the girl the world forgets. A father forgetting to drive her to school, a mother laying the table for three, not four. And then the story escalades from there. I don't know much about this book, but it looks intriguing, and I can't wait to read this. Whether I review this or not, I'll let you guys know soon.

2. Tempest (Tempest #1), by Julie Cross
This one is a re-read, and the first book in a time-traveller trilogy. Since it's a re-read, I'm not going to review about it, but I'll talk about it in my May Wrap Up. I read this about a year and a half ago, and I'm re-reading it so I can refresh my memory over what happened. I remember the finer points, but not all of it, which is why I'm re-reading it. This book is about Jackson, who after seeing his girlfriend Holly, die in his arm, he accidentally jumps back three years, to before the two of them even met. The rest of the book is him trying to find his way back to that time, so he can stop her from dying. But here's the thing: he's stuck in that time, and he can't find his way back. I'll talk more about this book in my May Wrap Up.

3. Vortex (Tempest #2), by Julie Cross

4. The Uncommoners The Crooked Sixpence, by Jennifer Bell
This book has been on my TBR list for so long its a joke. I'll give it one more try before tossing it to the DNF pile, but the funny thing is that I actually liked the idea of this book to start with. From what I know, this is a kooky, funny and quirky story about people with uncommon powers. Yes, it does sound cheesy, but I also feel like this is a book that is going to stand out from all the other middle-grade books I've read so far. Looking forward to reading this.

5. The Edge of Everything, by Jeff Giles
I didn't get to this book last month, so I want to try and read it again. I've only had this a couple of months, so I'm not going to put it on the DNF pile yet, but I really hope to get to it this month purely because of the hype and the amazing reviews everyone seems to be giving.

So that is my April Wrap Up & May TBR! I hope you enjoyed it and let me know what's on your TBR for the month in the comments!
So that is all I have for today! I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you all on Wednesday with my The Hate U Give review!
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment