Monday 29 May 2017

Perfect (Flawed #2), by Cecelia Ahern

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's time I get caught up on all the reviews that I've wanted to review- just because I'm choosing what books I want to review, doesn't mean I can ignore them altogether!
So today I will be reviewing Perfect, the concluding book in the Flawed duology- enjoy!

Perfect (Flawed #2), by Cecelia Ahern
Title: Flawed
Author: Cecelia Ahern
Genre: Sci-fi and Dystopian
Release date: 6th April
Pages: 428
Blurb: "Celestine North lives in a society that
demands perfection. After she was
branded flawed, Celestine's life has
fractured completely- all her
freedoms gone.

Since Judge Crevan declared her
the number-one threat to the public,
she has been on the run with the
complicated, powerfully attractive
Carrick, the only person she can trust.
But Celestine has a secret- one that
could bring the entire Flawed system
crumbling to the ground.

Judge Crevan is gaining the upper hand,
and time is running out for Celestine.
With tensions building, she must make
a choice: save only herself, or risk her
life to save all the FLAWED..."

My Thoughts
Going into this book, I was kind of nervous to find out how the story would go. Ending on such high expectations from the masterpiece that was the first book, I wasn't sure where the story was going to go, and whether I was going to be happy with how it ended. Turns out, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, even though I had a few problems with it.

PERFECT starts a couple of months after Flawed ends, on the run from her whistle-blower, and Judge Crevan, after he branded her number-one threat to the public. From the word go, she is thrown into deep water, and we are catapulted into the world where being immorally kind makes you an outcast for all eternity.

In the second book, the story has moved past the message from the first book, yet it takes it a step further in Perfect: will Celestine stand up for what is right, or will she hide in the shadows and protect herself and her family? It's really interesting to see how, when seeing the effect she has on the people around her, how she grows as a person and a leader as she makes this terrifying choice. This was one of my favourite parts of the book.

Saying that, I did have a couple of problems with this book. The pacing was kind of slow in a couple of chapters, when I wasn't sure where they where going with what was happening, and I didn't get the significance to the story.
But even though there were a couple of times when this happened, Ahern always managed to bring it back, and keep me interested in the direction the story was taking.

 There was also a little bit of a triangle thing going on in this book which, even though I kind of guessed that that was where the story was going in the first book, I didn't expect the way this sub-plot was headed. Let's just say that the betrayal was absolutely amazing in this book. Not saying any more, you'll have to read the book.

As for the plot, as I said before, the heart of what the book was the ultimate choice: will Celestine stand up for the flawed and say, this is wrong! Or will she protect those she loves, and let Crevan win? This is a high intensity and fast paced (mostly) book that anyone who reads it will agree: it is worth reading.

There isn't much else I can say about this without giving away a bunch of spoilers, so I'm going to end it there. Overall, I thought this was a wonderful end to the Flawed duology and I am satisfied with how it went. If you are a fan of any Cecelia Ahern book, I urge you to pick this up because I promise, it is as captivating and intriguing as any other (maybe a bit more, because it is YA). I thoroughly enjoyed this duology, and I highly recommend this to anyone who likes stories with interesting premises'.

So that is my review of Perfect (Flawed #2)! I hope you enjoyed the review, and if you have any thoughts, let me know in the comments below!
I hope you have a wonderful day and I will see you on Wednesday!
Goodbye!

-Abi xxxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment