Friday 12 May 2017

Netflix Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today I thought it would be fun to do a tag!
So, over the course of the past year or so, Netflix has dominated more than a few screens, and so, I decided it was time I do the Netflix Book Tag!
Enjoy!

Netflix Book Tag
1. Recently watched
The last book you finished reading
The Sudden Appearance of Hope, by Clair North. Bit slow at the start, but once it hit maybe the 200 page mark, it picked up, and it stayed that way for the rest of the book. More on the book in my May Wrap Up. Currently I'm about to start Tempest, by Julie Cross, a re-read.

2. Top picks
A book/books that have been recommended to you based on books you have previously read
After thinking this over (trying to think of something to put for this category because I couldn't think of anything,) but after thinking this through, I'm going to go with the Mistborn trilogy. A bunch of people have told me that because one of my favourites genres is Sci-fi, that I should try the Mistborn trilogy. If anyone has read the Mistborn trilogy, feel free to let me know what you thought of them in the comments!

3. Recently added
The last book you bought
You guys already know this one! (At least you do if you follow my twitter @TheWorldIsBooks) because there's a picture!
I bought two books last time, and they were The Circle, by Dave Eggers, and Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty! One has been developed into a film that is due to come out soon, and another is a popular TV show!

4. Popular on Netflix
Books that everyone knows about (2 you've read and 2 you have no interest in reading)
The two that everyone knows about are: -The Hunger Games, and
Harry Potter, duh!

The two that I have no interest in reading have to be: -Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins, and Miss Peregrine Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs.
I admit I tried the first Miss Peregrine's book, but never again.


5. Comedies
A funny book
Derek Landy is the king of sarcastic, witty humour in his books, and I laugh whilst reading his Skulduggery Pleasant unlike what I laugh about in other books. So I'm picking the Skulduggery Pleasant collection for this one.


6. Dramas
A character that is a drama king/queen
I... don't.... know....
Think I'll skip this one.


7. Animated
A book with cartoons on the cover
Even though this technically isn't a book, it is a graphic novel, which I'm counting.
It's Saga, a series I've been meaning to start for a while now. I don't know much about it, but I hope to read it in the near future (after finishing all the books already on my TBR!).

8. Watch It Again
A book/ book series that you want to re-read
Okay, even though I've already read this a million times, I always want to re-read the Noughts and Crosses series, by Malorie Blackman. It was one of the first series I completed, and it still is, even 5 years later! This is a series that does not shy away from the tough subjects, but discussing them in an explosive and addicting way! Totally recommend (seriously, go read this series, it's GENIUS).

9. Documentaries
A non-fiction book you'd recommend to everyone 
Even though I don't read many non-fiction books, to all my writers out there, I can recommend "The Essential Guide to getting your book Published." It's straight and to the point, and full of information about publishing. 

10. Action and Adventure
An action packed book 
The first trilogy that springs to mind is the Divergent trilogy, so I'll go with that. 

11. New releases
A book that just came out or will be coming out soon that you can't wait to read
Contagion, by Teri Terry! If you've been here a while, you will know that Teri Terry is my absolute favourite author, and this book comes out 18th May, which I am so excited about! 

12. Max
Tag people!
I'm going to be lazy (once again) and let anyone that wants to do the tag, they are free to do it! 
But let me know in the comments!

So that is all that I have for you all today. I hope you enjoyed the tag, and I will see you all on Monday! 
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and keep reading!
Byeee!

- Abi xxxxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment