Friday 3 August 2018

August TBR (2018)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I do not have much to say in this section except for: Happy August!
The month where typically we start to say goodbye to summer to prepare for the new year of school! (Except me this year because I've finished my course- yippee!)
But with a new month, comes a new TBR!
So this is what I plan (I say plan because it's unlikely that I'll stick to it) to read this month.
Enjoy!

Now, because I am currently doing booktubeathon, the first couple of books will be the same as that TBR. But there will be more, just bear with me.


1. Leah on the Offbeat, by Becki Albertalli
Having thought that this would be one of the first books off the list for booktubeathon, but at least that means I get to read it soon! I chose this book because I've always wanted to take drum lessons, and if you ask anybody I know, they'll tell you that I'm always tapping a beat to a song (if I don't know the words), which is why I chose this book.

2. The Bad Beginning (Series of Unfortunate Events #1), by Lemony Snicket
This is the first in a long and exciting series that I have been meaning to get to for ages. I chose this as the book that I would read when having a hat on, because it's so short. But I am so happy that I am delving back into this dark, but interesting series. I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the year, but that means that I'll have to read 3-4 books a month, which is fine by me!

3. War Storm (Red Queen #4), by Victoria Aveyard
Okay, I'm nearly 100% sure that I'm not going to finish this, unless I read two books in one day (which I hope to do but is unlikely), especially as it is over 600 pages. But I picked this up because I wanted to finish this series, and I knew that if I didn't buy it when I was in the mood, then I wouldn't get it for another maybe couple of months. I've heard some mixed reviews about the last book, but then that was the same for King's Cage, and that has been my favourite book of the series so far. I can't believe that it's the final book but I can't wait to see how it ends!

4. Evolution (Dark Matter #3), by Teri Terry
Another end to a trilogy, this time by Teri Terry, one of my favourite authors ever. I can't wait to see how this insane series ends, because the books just keep getting better. (There was like a huge explosion in the last one.) I don't have much to say except that the people that have been following my blog for a while know just how much I love Teri Terry's storytelling, and I can't wait to read about what happens to Shay and Kai in the finale of the Dark Matte trilogy!
5. Songs About A Boy (Songs About A Girl #3), by Chris Russell
Yet another end to a series'! I am finishing so many series' this month! Again, another favourite series that I have grown to love. It's cute and fluffy, but it's not just that. It has things like LGBT in it, and there's a lot about realising your dream and following it. I almost don't want this to be the last one because I love these characters, the journey that they've been through, leading up to this final book. This trilogy has been a job to read and I hope it all ends happily. (Though I don't know how Chris will manage it!)

6. A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom of Fire #1), by Jessica Cluess
This is on my saved Amazon list, ready for when I want to read it. It's about a girl who is the first female sorcerer, and is prophesized to do something miraculous. She just isn't sure whether she is or not. From what I've read of the synopsis, the bigger plots are centred around this, and I like the idea that she is under pressure and isn't sure what she's going to do, especially as the fate of the world is on her hands. I'm interested in what's going to happen in this book, which is why I put this on my TBR Jar for 2018.  

Okay, so those are the books that I am planning to read in the month of August! What are you planning to read this month? Are you participating in the booktubeathon? Let me know in the comments!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Monday!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment