Friday 24 August 2018

Mamma Mia Here We Go Again Film Review

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
So I've been on a catch up for all the books that I've read recently (posting my thoughts on each one.) But what I've thrown to the side recently are my film reviews, because I've been to see a number of films in the last couple of weeks or so.)
But it's time to get to one of those, so here's the first one:
Mamma Mia, Here We Go Again!
Enjoy!

The Film Poster

So what I love about this film poster is the feeling that comes with it. Like every single main character is on that poster, and it feels like family, like a family reunion. It's like all the different time periods at once, and it doesn't try to give any clues as to what is going to happen in this film, but it makes it clear that this is a film about family and love.


The Film
Like the film poster, this film is all about love, and how your family is always there, even if that may not be in a physical form. As is revealed in the trailer, Mamma Mia Here We Go Again is centred around Sophie asking Bill, Harry and Sam: What happened when they met her mother, all those years ago?
And from that point onwards, we are jumping back and forth from Sophie, in present day, back to younger Donna, back when she was meeting the three men.
And sometimes the period of time when we stayed with either Sophie or Young Donna, it was enough. I was laughing along, and we never stayed with that character for too long before skipping to the other, so we didn't forget where the other plotline had got up to, and it was entertaining to see the different stories back to back.
But other times, the scenes for the characters were too short. I never got fully invested in that story before jumping back into the other.
On a positive note, the editing was second to none. The panning, the camera angles were faultless. The transitioning from Sophie to Donna was great.

Now, because there is a Young Donna in this film, that means that there are younger versions of basically all the main characters. Young dynamos, and young versions of Bill, Harry and Sam, (and weren't those young men gorgeous!)
I have to make a point of how great the representations were. The acting was on point for these characters, especially when it came to Young Donna's friends. Granted, I feel like Tanya and Rosie were used more in the original film, so the people playing the young versions had to put more thought into their characters, but they all portrayed them well and made very convincing representations.

There were some well-placed funny quotes that you genuinely aren't expecting when watching this film, but the overall thought I had when walking away from this sequel is that it had decent songs, but the mood you get from this film is heartfelt and honest. It shows the dips and the highs of what Donna did all those years ago, and the future of the hotel she made, run by Sophie. The music wasn't as well knows, particularly as all the smash hit numbers that made Abba the worldwide hit that they were were included in the first movie, but it was still done very well.

Overall, a very well done film that I thoroughly enjoyed. If you haven't yet seen it, it is still in cinemas (in some places), so grad the chance while you still have it!
A wonderful conclusion to the smash hit that was Mamma Mia!



Okay! So that was my review of Mamma Mia, Here We Go Again! I hope you enjoyed the review, and feel free to comment your thoughts on the film or my review, I would love to hear from you!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of reading, or whatever it is you are doing, and I will see you all on Monday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment