Monday 20 August 2018

Back to School Book Tag

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's a bit later than when I usually post a tag, but I wanted to post another review in the attempt to catch up. But I'm no closer to finishing the mountain of reviews I still have to do, so I'm doing a tag!
So for the children starting a new school, a lot of them are actually about to start school, (except for me, because I finished at the end of last year and am now at full time work) it's the end of August, so here's the back to school book tag!
Enjoy!


1. Fresh new outfit- Book with best dressed characters
I don't really notice what the characters wear, as opposed to what their personality is like. But one book, well series I have to put for this category is every Shadowhunter book in the universe. Those characters look kick-ass and ready for action whenever it presents itself and I wish I had a Shadowhunter outfit myself.

2. New science partner- New sci-fi book you want to read
At present there actually aren't many sci-fi books on my radar- most of them are fantasy. I'm thinking Sleeping Giants, by Sylvain Neuvel, the first in a new trilogy. It looks fairly interesting and even though it isn't a new release, it's been on my radar a while.

3. Favourite teacher- Book with a great mentor
I'm going to change this slightly, and base this question not on a book, but a musical (but there's a book version for this musical.) This musical is Wicked, and I feel like Doctor Dillamond was a good mentor to Elphaba, or at least somebody that helped her to believe in herself and teach her that what she was didn't make her an outcast.

4. New supplies- Favourite new reading or writing accessories
Notebooks! I collect them! There are some lovely ones in one of my work places on sale at the moment, and even though I have a ton of them that I have yet to write in, I doubt I'll last long until I have one in my hands.

5. Old friends- Book you want to want to re-read/ favourite friendship in literature
I'm actually going to go with a trio for this one. The friendship between Sam, Charlie and Patrick is unforgettable. What they have is just the stuff of legends and I just think these characters are all written so well together, I love to read about this trio.

6. Ready for jumper weather (sweater weather in the original)- Book featuring cold weather
The fourth and final book in the Fairytale Retellings series by Jackson Pearce, and even though it wasn't my favourite of the series, I liked the way the series wrapped up. I wish I could have got more of everything coming together within the series, which was built up in the first three books, but they are separate books, and you are meant to be able to read them individually, without reading the others, so I guess it was decent. This is a retelling of the Snow Queen.  

7. Open house- Book that made a memorable (good or bad) first impression
This one.

8. Too early for this- Book you would get out of bed for
The series that I'm reading on and off since the start of this month- The Series of Unfortunate Events! I've currently just finished book three of the series- The Wide Window and I'm eager to continue onwards, particularly as up to this point, I could predict pretty much everything that happened, because of the film. But I am already invested in this series and I know why I fell in love with the story the first time around.

9. The textbook costs HOW much??- Book you spent too much money on
Although I love the illustrations, don't get me wrong, I spent way too much on this, when I could have just got it cheaper in Asda.
Don't hate me.


10. Best school in literature you want to attend
HOGWARTS!
The end.
Who wouldn't pick this?


TAGS
Savannah @The Book Prophet
Books With Noel @BookswithNoel


Okay, so that's all I have, and that's going to do it for this blog post! I hope you have a lovely day and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment