Wednesday 2 January 2019

2018 Wrap Up

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm here with all the things I did in 2018! (my typical monthly wrap up, all the series that I completed in 2018, and all the other things I did!
It is a little late, simply because I didn't have the time to fit it in before New Year, but I hope you enjoy it now!


December Wrap Up (2018)
I took a really relaxed month in December, and only managed to read 2 books. They were in the last 10 days of the month though, and even though I definitely could have read more in December, I did start 1 or 2, and DNF'ed those, when I found I didn't enjoy them.
These are the books I finished in December:

1. Holding Up the Universe, by Jennifer Niven
This wasn't my first Jennifer Niven book, and even though I really enjoyed All the Bright Places, knowing that this book has some mixed reviews, I was a little bit apprehensive picking this book up. But, I'm happy to report, that the writing was amazing, I loved the characters, especially Libby, because I loved everything she stood for, and I thought it was a really special read. Review is coming soon.

2. Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns #3), by Kendare Blake
Another book that has some mixed reviews, even though everyone loves this series so much. I do too, and I have to admit that even though not a whole lot happens in this novel, it was so much easier to pick it up and get sucked into the story, and the direction of the novel, then it was for the second book. I have no idea where the fourth and final book is going to take us when it comes out in September, but I'm anxiously waiting for it's release.


MOVIES AND TV SHOWS
1. The Jungle Book (2016)- It was such a pleasure to watch the classic Disney movie done as a live action remake. The classic Disney movie will always hold a space in my heart, as it was one of my faves when I was a child, but that doesn't mean I enjoyed the live action remake any less. Highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

2. To All the Boys I've Loved Before- In light of the news that they'd be making a Netflix of the sequel, of course I had to re-watch this movie once more.

3. The Grinch-
4. The Holiday- Both of these movies are Christmas classics, and I'm glad I got the chance to watch them. They're on TV every year, and I'm glad that I had the time to watch them.

4. Dragonball Z- My boyfriend currently got me to watch this, and I the next show that's going to be mentioned (for him.) But, a couple of episodes in, and I was completely hooked. They're only 20 minute episodes, so by the time you figure something out, its the end of the episode and there's a cliff-hanger, and you want to watch the next one.

5. Orphan Black- I first found out about this tv show back in 2012, and I was in love with the first season. But, because the second season was a lot more of a slow burner, I stopped being interested, and I stopped watching. Fast forward 6 years later, and all five seasons are now on Netflix! I'm about to start Season 3.

Series I Completed This Year
Here are all the series, trilogies, and duologies I read this year! I only read the concluding book for some, and others I read straight through. All in all, I enjoyed every single one of the series', and I'm excited to see what they come up with next!
1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy, by Jenny Han
2. Monsters of Verity duology, by V.E Schwab
3. Tiny Pretty Things duology, by Sona Charaipotra
4. Red Queen, by Victoria Aveyard
5. Frostblood trilogy, by Elly Blake
6. Dark Matter trilogy, by Teri Terry
7. Songs About A Girl trilogy, by Chris Russell


ALL THE THINGS I DID IN 2018
Here are the things I did in 2018. Some of them are book-ish, others aren't. Enjoy!
1. I turned 21.
2. I finished my third draft.
3. I read 63 books (out of the 60 I wanted to read for my Goodreads Reading Challenge.)
4. I played Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray.
5. I started going ice-skating.
6. I got a PB at Parkrun (timed 5K run that takes place every Saturday at 9am around the UK.)
7. I started driving lessons.
8. I read my largest book to date (IT, by Stephen King- 1166 pages.)
9. I discovered some new genres.
10. I went to see Kinky Boots.
11.I made some wonderful friends.
12. I got the pleasure of blogging for you wonderful lot!


Okay! So that is my wrap up for 2018! It has been a lovely year full of dreams, happiness and laughter. I'm not going to say it was the perfect year, because it wasn't, but it was the best it could have been.

Right! I hope you enjoyed this post, and come and let me know what you got up to in the comments!
That is a wrap on 2018, onwards and upwards for 2019!

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I will see you all om Friday!
Byeeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx 









No comments:

Post a Comment