Wednesday 16 January 2019

December/January Book Haul (2018/2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I think it's time for another book haul! I've accumulated a significant number of books since Christmas, and I'd like to share them with you!
Without further ado, here are the books that I've bought recently!

1. Still Me (Me Before You #3), by JoJo Moyes
Even though I heard how much everybody was loving this third and final book in this trilogy, I wasn't really planning on picking it up. But I can't resist a sale! I got it half price and immediately starting planning when I was going to read it. But I am happy to report that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It didn't end the way I thought it would, and I feel like it could have been explained more, but it was a good book nevertheless. Review coming soon.







2. Theatrical, by Maggie Harcourt
This is the next book that I am picking up and I cannot wait. The fact that it was nearly the first one that I thought of when I started making up this list, shows how excited I am to pick this one up. I know absolutely squat about this novel, except for the fact that there are acts and scenes for the different chapters and I probably love it a little too much!

3. Two Can Keep A Secret, by Karen McManus
There's not much I can say about this that isn't a spoiler: so I'm just going to say where I'm up to. I have 80 pages left of this novel, and I'm getting really tense about what is going to happen to these characters. What's surprised me is that I've grown to love these characters more than I did in her debut. Might have something to do with the fact that there are less POV's in this one, and that there's a lot drama and mystery to it. In my opinion, anyway.
4. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2), by Laini Taylor
Another conclusion to a series' that I'm really anticipating! And this one's on my TBR Jar for 2019 (I think.) So hopefully I'll get to this one soon! I can't give too much away, because it's the second book in a duology, but the first novel follows Lazlo Strange, a character with a fascination of the Lost Island, Weep. What happens next takes him on a journey of love, loss and dreams. It was one of my favourites of last year, and I have no idea where this last one is going to go!

5. Crazy Rich Asians, by Kevin Kwan
Having seen the movie and loved it, it makes sense to pick up the book. I got it in a "BOGOHP" deal at Waterstones, and I couldn't resist. Though after looking at how vast the book is, and how small the print, I'm starting to regret it. Also, I need something to fill the void from now until when I eventually get the DVD for the film.

6. The Sun Is Also A Star, by Nicola Yoon
Having seen the outraguisley amazing reviews on this book and having heard that the movie is coming out this year, I have decided to pick this book up. I don't know why I've avoided it for this long, but at long last I am ready to start this book. I plan to read this after I finish The Dark Artifices in February, when I need some help after the inevitable book slump that I am going to be in once I finish Queen of Air and Darkness. I loved Everything, Everything and I am holding high expectations for this second novel which everyone says is great.

7. Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2), by Cassandra Clare
8. Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3), by Cassandra Clare
These are going to be my top priority in February. As far as I'm concerned, The Dark Artifices is my goal for the month of February. I am aware of how big these books are, but if I can read IT (by Stephen King- 1166 pages) in 16 days, I can sure as heck get through this trilogy in a month.



9. The Miniaturist, by Jessie Burton
I literally got this today. The sales assistant made it sound really interesting, and it's a historical fiction novel, because it's set in 1686, and because historical fiction is one of the genres I would like to start reaching for more this year, I decided to get it. From what I know of this novel, it's about an 18 year old woman whose husband gets her a wedding gift: a miniature model of their house. I also know that it includes magic and masked horrors within the novel and I think that that is a very interesting combination. I had a look at the Goodreads and although there are some mixed reviews, the overall rating is 3.59. It should be an intriguing read.  

Okay! So these are the books that I've basically bought since Christmas, either from gift vouchers from family, or because I felt like it.
What books have you got recently? Let me know in the comments!

Okay! So that is my book haul, and that's going to do it for today! I hope you have a lovely day and I will see you all on Friday!
Byeeeeeee!

-Abi xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment