Monday 14 January 2019

New Year Book Tag!

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And because it's a new year, why not start January off with a New Years' Book Tag!
Enjoy!

1. How many books are you planning to read in 2019?
My Goodreads Reading Challenge goal is 75 books this year, I'm currently on book 4/75, which is Two Can Keep A Secret, by Karen McManus. Having worked it out I need to read a book every 4.6888 (recurring) days to complete my goal. I'm currently 1 book ahead of my goal.

2. Name five books you didn't get to read last year but want to make a priority in 2019?
Just five? I'm going to go with five beings, which means that one could be two books in a series' etc.
-Lord of Shadows and Queen of Air and Darkness, by Cassandra Clare. These were on my TBR Jar for 2018, and because I didn't get to them last year, they're on the 2019 version as well! I now own all three now, and they're are going to be the main focus of February.
-I definitely wanted to start reading more books by debut authors, for example, Rachel Lynn Solomon, who wrote "You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone".
-Scythe and Thunderhead, by Neil Shusterman
-The Exact Opposite of Okay, by Laura Steven
-A Tragic Kind of Wonderful, by Eric Lindstrom- I was surprised by how much I enjoyed his other novel, "Not If I See You First" and I wanted to read more of his works.

3. Name a genre you want to read more of?
There are three main genres that I want to focus more on this year.
-Graphic novels
-Historical fiction
-Horror/thrillers

4. Three non-book related goals for 2019?
1. Eat the right foods.
2. Train consistently for my half marathon in April (first one ever!)
3. Drink more water.

5. What's a book you've had forever that you still need to read?
Well, considering I finished my TBR last year and the books that I have now I got at Christmas, there isn't a whole lot that I can choose for this. So, I think I'm just going to have to bow out at this point.

6. One word that you're hoping 2019 will be?
Cheerful. I have goals that I want to accomplish in 2019, of course I do, but it won't be half as much fun as it would if we were all miserable. I'm hoping to have a good time with everybody this year, my friends, my family, and you guys too of course!

Tag someone...
 It's still January, so anyone is able to do this tag if they copy the questions from here!


Right! I hope you enjoyed that! There's nothing like a book tag to start the year off (even though it is halfway through the month.)
I hope you have a lovely day and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeeee!


-Abi xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment