Monday 21 January 2019

Top 5 Series' I Really Want To Read This Year

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I have another list for you!
With a new year comes a new list of series' that I haven't read yet!
I doubt I'll get to all of them, but I have to try!
Enjoy!


1. The Darker Shades of Magic trilogy, by V.E Schwab
After reading the Monsters of Verity duology last summer, I've been dying to get my mitts on this trilogy. I'm thinking I'll do with this what I did with the To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy last year, which is pick up a book a month, so I don't end up with a book hangover, and I don't lose interest between each book. It's been a couple of years since this trilogy wrapped up, and it's high time I reach for this trilogy.


2. The Arc of a Scythe trilogy?
The hype for these two books is real. They are getting nothing but fantastic reviews, and it sounds like a kick-ass, fast paced series, if I'm being completely honest. Everybody on the internet is loving Scythe, and I can't wait to jump on the bandwagon and love this trilogy too!


3. The Nevernight Chronicle trilogy, by Jay Kristoff
I know little to nothing about this trilogy, but something tells me that I would have loved this during my teen years, and that I probably still will now. Other than looking dark, it looks unique and quirky, and I have high expectations for this trilogy.


4. The Saga graphic novels series'
I don't know much of this series, yet again, except for the fact that it's a very adult series. I have been dying to read more graphic novels, it's one of the three genres that I definitely want to explore more in the upcoming year, and Saga is at the very top of the list when it comes to graphic novels. I'm really looking forward to this series.

5. The Illuminae Files, by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
This trilogy ended last year. And I have never even picked up the first book. Now, before fantasy, before contemporary, I was a sci-fi nerd at heart. Also, my favourite book remains Mind Games, by Teri Terry. A science fiction book. Aside from the covers being absolutely beautiful, the fact that they're case studies is really really interesting for me. And I can't wait to see what happens.


Okay! So those are the Top 5 series' that I want to read this year!
If you have read any of these series, and want to let me know what you thought, you can in the comments; or if you want to read them too, you can mention that too!
I hope you have a wonderful night, and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeee!

-Abi xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment