Monday 28 January 2019

Favourite Book-to-Movie Adaptations

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm here with you today to talk about my favourite book to movie adaptations!
I've been to the cinema to see so many recently, and I'm excited to talk about some of the ones I've seen!
Enjoy!



I went to go and see this film on my birthday (it came out on that particular day), and I'm so glad I did. I loved every aspect of this movie: the characters, the cinematography, the plotline. The setting was breath-taking, on a whole other level than any other film I've seen to date. I also like the morals and the message that goes behind this kind of film and, even if you think you won't enjoy this film, I urge you all to give it a try.
2. To All the Boys I've Loved Before
I doubt anybody is surprised by this. The whole world loves this movie and we are all waiting with bated breath for the second movie, P.S I Still Love You, to come out some time this year. It was everything I wanted from the book, but I wasn't expecting it to run so smoothly. The actors were perfect for their roles, and they were spot on with their delivery, especially the comedic cues. One of my favourite adaptations, which means that it isn't surprising it made the list!


Again, the graphics are another level. Of course it was, the whole movie takes place in a comic book world where characters can modify themselves to look like whatever they want to. It doesn't even have to be human. And that what is one of the more epic things of the movie, especially at the end. This movie is every sci-fi-lover, every comic book fan, every video-gamer fan's dream. My favourite sci-fi movie up to date.

4. Dumplin'
This is the most recent film that I've seen out of this bunch, and it is by far the most inspirational. Willow-dean Dickson doesn't care about what she looks like, she likes who she is and she's happy with that. She's confident inside and out and she's determined to be herself, regardless of what anybody else thinks. We should take a leaf from Willow-dean's book. Not to be insecure about who we are. And that's the way it should be.

5. The Circle
Now, I'm going to try and keep my thoughts of my book away from this paragraph because it INFURIATED me so much. That's the end of it.
Now, it had a very similar feel to the book, and that is exactly what I wanted. If you don't know what this book is about, The Circle is where you get every single one of your accounts mushed together into one, and your whole world is basically run by the circle. It's basically having all your social media accounts, like email, amazon, all the social media accounts together. That's the premise of The Circle. One thing I will say is that it's an engaging and intense read and the film is just the same. If you like that sort of film then pick it up.


Okay! So those were some of my favourite book to movie adaptations! I hope you enjoyed and feel free to comment what some of your favourites are!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and I will see you all on Wednesday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment