Friday 4 January 2019

January TBR (2019)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I'm here with my January TBR!
For Christmas I got a lot of concluding books to a trilogy/duology/series, so there will be a lot of different series' in this TBR.
Enjoy!


1. This Cruel Design (This Mortal Coil #2), by Emily Suvada
This is the second book in the Mortal Coil trilogy. It's a trilogy about DNA and if you are a science-fiction fan you should totally pick this trilogy up. The science nerd is screaming in joy for this trilogy, and the second book is turning out to be just as amazing as the first. Although I'm only currently about 120 pages into it, it's shaping up to be a really fantastic read. The first book is a little bit science heavy, but once you get to understand the world and the concept, it totally adds to this already unique story.

2. Still Me (Me Before You #3), by JoJo Moyes
One of my friends was urging me to pick this book up as soon as I mentioned it last year, and when I saw it for half price in Waterstones, I couldn't help but pick it up. Aside from the fact that it made the Goodreads best of the best list in 2018- I couldn't resist finding out what happened to the characters that I had grown to love in the past two books, and I want to find out what will happen in the end! (Also because it means I get to add another trilogy to my completed series' list.)

3. Theatrical, by Maggie Harcourt
A contemporary romance that's been on my radar for a while. It says on the front "The UK's answer to Rainbow Rowell" and I am intrigued to see if it's true. It's just got such a cutesy cover that I couldn't help but pick it up. Aside from that, it takes place around a theatre, and the chunks are split into acts, so put all of that together and it = high expectations for this novel. I can't wait to start reading this.

4. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer #2), by Laini Taylor
Strange the Dreamer was one of my first reads of 2018, and I intend to finish this absolutely beautiful duology this month with the concluding novel. After the events of the first novel (which I am unable to disclose as there would be spoilers for those that have yet to pick up Strange the Dreamer) I have absolutely no idea where the second novel is going to take us. But what I know (I hope) is that the language will be as beautiful and poetic as the first book, and that I will fall madly in love with everything in this story. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

5. Two Can Keep A Secret, by Karen McManus
I heard about this book a couple of days ago and even though I don't know that much about it, I know that I thoroughly enjoyed Karen McManus' book: One of Us Is Lying last year. It comes out 10th January and I think it sounds like the perfect book to read on my train journey to London next week. I don't know what it is, there's just something about Karen McManus' writing that makes me want to keep reading until the very last page, because it's just so easy to fly through.  


Okay! So that is my January TBR (2019)! I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know in the comments what books you are hoping to read this month! And if you have any recommendations or any books that you are looking forward to it's release, let me know about that too! You can never have too many books.

Okay, I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I will see you all on Monday, with my Two Dark Reigns review!
Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment