Friday 1 July 2016

July TBR (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And today is 1st July, so I need to talk about what books I will be reading this month!
Also before I list the books that I want to read this month, I've decided that I'm going to pick out two TBR challenges each month until I finish them. If I still have some months left by the time I finish them, then I'll add some more. I feel like my TBR pile is growing rather than shrinking, but I don't really want to just read one TBR challenge after the other, but I also want to dwindle the amount of books on TBR pile, so I reckon this is the best solution.

So here's the post!


July TBR (2016) 
July TBR Jar Challenges:

1. Pick a popular YA book: Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo 
Okay, the blurb makes me so excited to read this! Like, it's basically an impossible mission. A group of people with different skills (and tempers, apparently) are given an impossible list of tasks that nobody has done before. If they can pull off this impossible list of tasks they will be rewarded greatly- if they don't kill each-other first.                                                                          Okay, this book has got nothing but amazing reviews, to the point where I don't think I've seen a review that isn't mostly positive. (I say mostly because reviews aren't going to be 100% , and this one was no different). Anyway, I am really looking forward to reading it. 

2. Read a sequel: Glass Sword, by Victoria Aveyard
It seems like my TBR challenges really wanted me to do this challenge, because I've chosen it twice (I wasn't really happy with my choices last month, so I picked out another challenge, but then decided to go back to the original challenges- this was the second choice. Hope that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.)                                                                                                         Also, I really wasn't sure whether I wanted to read this or Desolation, by Derek Landy, or this. But I decided that I'd read this now, so I could review Red Queen, since I haven't yet. (I figured I'd marathon the Demon Road trilogy when American Monsters comes out towards the end of the year)  Also, isn't the cover gorgeous?

Other Books 
Okay, so I'll be marathoning a lot of series' this month. (And by a lot I mean  two, but they are fairly big, so here's a heads up! You've been warned.)

1. The Twilight Sara, by Stephenie Meyer
Well, it kind of makes sense since I just finished Life and Death literally this afternoon (watch out for that review, because I did love it.) Also, the last time I read it was in 2014, and I've missed this series. So I want to re-read them! 


2. The Harry Potter series, by The Queen (sorry, J K Rowling, though she is actually The Queen)
I've been saying that I need to re-read this series for so long, and I have because I actually can't remember the last time I read it. It was probably last year, but since Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is being released on the 31st July, I thought why not? Also, they're doing a midnight release in my town, so that makes me want to finish it more, just so I can recap (not that I could forget anything from the books, because they're just magical, hehe). To be honest, I think this is going to be one of the last things I'm going to read because I want these books to be fresh in my mind when I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. It's like I'll be home when I read this. 


3. Red Queen (Red Queen #1), by Victoria Aveyard 
I just thought I should put this on the list because I will be re-reading this before Glass Sword. 


So that is what I will be reading in the month of July! I will see you all on Sunday when I will most likely be reviewing Life and Death, by Stephanie Meyer, so look out for that!

Byeeeeee!

-Abi xxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment