Monday 4 July 2016

Life and Death: Twilight Re-imagined, by Stephenie Meyer

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I think I've kept you all waiting long enough for this review, so here it is: Life and Death: Twilight Re-imagined, by Stephenie Meyer.

So here's the review!


Life and Death: Twilight Re-imagined, by Stephenie Meyer 
Title: Life and Death: Twilight Re-imagined
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Genre: Romance & Fantasy 
Release date: 6th October, 2015 
Pages: 387 (But it looks so much longer because Twilight is on the other side). 
Blurb: "When Beaufort Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edythe Cullen, his life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With her porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerising voice, ans supernatural gifts, Edythe is both irresistible and enigmatic. 

What Beau doesn't realise is that the closer he gets to her, the more he is putting himself and those around him at risk. And it might be too late to turn back..."


My Thoughts 
Just a heads up right now, this review might be a bit all over the place because there are some mixed things that I want to touch up on, like there are good points and bad points that I want to talk about. Just a heads up!

Okay, so this book was... strange. And good! Mostly good. But it was kind of confusing. Like I spent some time trying to remember who was who in the transition between the two. Specifically the Cullens to be honest (this was at the start, by the way. I could tell really easily from like 120 pages in, but it took me a while to recognise who was who). 

The story actually flowed really well, like it really didn't take me long at all to read it. (Saying that, the first time I read Twilight I was 14, and it took me longer to read books back then, so it makes sense if it took me less time to read it this time). 

(Eurgggghhhh, this review is all over the place)

There isn't really much to say about the characters, because they all (technically) have the same personalities. Just go read twilight. 

Oh plot! Okay, I can't reveal too much because the plot does play out different because the genders are different (don't really know how the genders changing could impact the plot much but whatever; and also that was common knowledge so if you didn't know that, where've you been?)
But anyway, some of the events did happen differently in Life and Death, as opposed to the original because well Beau is a boy, so there's literally no way Breaking Dawn can happen, if you get my drift. 

(I'm just gonna do the summary now because I've kind of given away the plot anyway.
And euurrggghhh, what is this review)

So overall it was a really good book. Less suspense I'd say, which I think was a good thing to be honest. I mean not that the original Twilight was bad or anything, but I just think that because Life and Death was less serious gave it a new edge, like a breath of fresh air. Which... I really liked. 

Okay! So that was no review on Life and Death: Twilight Re-imagined! Again, I apologise for the ALL OVER THE PLACE thoughts and... things. I don't know why I'm like this. 

Anyway, I will see you all on Wednesday, and at this point I have jack ideas of what I'm going to do. So, byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment