Monday 18 July 2016

Series'/ Trilogies I Need To Read/ Finish

Hey guys, this is Abi here,

And I know I did a post like this at the beginning of the year called "10 Series/Trilogies I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet", but the minute I posted that I thought of a bunch of different trilogies/series that I needed to finish. Also, as time went on I kind of lost interest in some of these series/ trilogies.

So I thought it was time I changed some of them, because I have read a couple, and I have other series that I'm halfway through finishing.

So I guess this post is slightly more different than the last one, but no so much that I won't class this in a different category.

Also, sorry if that was a bit wordy.
So here's the post!


Series'/Trilogies I Need To Read/Finish 

By the way, these are just going to be series'/trilogies that have been completed. Just letting you know. 

First what I'm going to do is list the ones that I've gotten halfway through, or read one book in a trilogy/series just so I can get those out the way.

Part 1: Series/Trilogies/Duologies that I need to finish 


1. The 5th Wave trilogy, by Rick Yansey 

Okay, just take a moment to see how beautiful these covers are. Just...wow. Is the moment up? Good.
Now, back to the books. Even though I have only read the first one, I do own "The Last Star", and also "The Infinite Sea" is in my local library pretty much all the time so it would be incredibly easy just to finish the trilogy by the end of the year. In fact, I'm going to put "The Last Star" as my Read a finale book for my TBR Jar Challenge of 2016. And also these books are so tiny, it would literally take me about a week to read this entire trilogy. So why shouldn't I?


2. Tempest trilogy, by Julie Cross
Okay, again, I've only read the first one, and the review is up on Page Pandemonium, (as is the review of The 5th Wave) but I did really enjoy Tempest, because it was my first time-traveller book... and it turned out way better than I thought it was. Saying that, I did think it was just a standalone... but I'll still read the rest of them because Tempest was just that good.
Okay, these covers are gorgeous too. Especially Timestorm.


3. If I Stay duology, by Gayle Forman
Okay, I wasn't going to read the second one because I like the way If I Stay ended (plus Where She Went didn't really interest me) but I may as well think about attempting the last one because If I Stay is one of my favourites. 

4. Fairytale Retellings, by Jackson Pearce 
Okay, I've read half of this series, and at this point, is my favourite fairytale series. I absolutely can't wait to finish this series because the first two were that amazing. My only thing that irritates me is that THEY CHANGED THE COVERS HALFWAY THROUGH THE SERIES. I mean, they're still nice, but I think the first two portray more of what the book is about than the last two. Saying that, I could be completely wrong because I haven't read them, but why change the series halfway through?
But the first two are so easy reading that it's literally no time commitment whatsoever, so I recommend them.

5. The Lying Game series, by Sara Shephard
Okay, I've been reading this series over about 5/6 months now, like reading a book a month, and I've reviewed every single one of them (and I loved them all). I only have 1 of these books left, and I can't wait to read it. Also, if I don't get "Read a series finale" next month for my TBR Jar Challenge, then I'm just going to buy it and read it anyway and just use "The Last Star" for that category (I mentioned it at the top of the post). 

Part 2: Series/Trilogies I need to read

1. Shatter Me trilogy, by Tahereh Mafi 
Again, these covers are gorgeous, and it did impact my interest in this trilogy. But also, I love the sound of the plot. A girl who's touch is lethal? Who wouldn't be interested in that?           And also, I'm getting the original covers, regardless of how long it takes me to get them because they'd just look gorgeous on my bookshelf. 

2. The Infernal Devices trilogy, by Cassandra Clare
This trilogy is basically replacing the Mortal Instruments from my old post about this because you can't read one without the other, And also, most people seem to think that this trilogy is better, as much as I hate to admit it. Also, it's set in England, so what's not to like?


3. The Darkest Minds trilogy, by Alexandra Bracken 
I don't real know what to say about this trilogy except for the fact that out of all of the trilogies in this category it is the one that I have wanted to read the longest. It was I think in 2012 that I heard about this trilogy. So, I hope to read it pretty soon. 

So that is all I have for you guys today! I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope to have finished Glass Sword by Wednesday! *Knock on wood*. 
I will see you all then! Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment