Wednesday 6 July 2016

My Holiday TBR (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And since I still have jack on what I want to post for today, and I just decided what I'm going to be taking to read on my holiday (I'm off to Italy for a week from the 1st August) I thought it was a good idea as any to post what I'm going to be taking!



My Holiday TBR (2016)
Now bear in mind that I'm only going for a week, so I will only be taking three books. (Also, I apologise in advance for this being an incredibly short post).
So here are the books!


1. On The Other Side, by Carrie Hope Fletcher
I actually don't even have this book yet! It's being released on the 14th July, and since I pre-ordered it, I should be getting it by the 17th/18th, so I'll definitely be getting it by the time I'm off to Italy. I pre-ordered this back in January (around that time anyway) because I can't wait to see what Carrie Hope Fletcher (otherwise knows as ItsWayPastYourBedtime on Youtube- I'm sure I've mentioned that somewhere) writes a story like.                                     I think the story is about a character (well, duh. Not quite sure of their name though, think it's definitely a she though) that dies at the beginning of the book. But before she can go to "the Other Side" she needs to find peace, and fix some things that have gone wrong in her life. So this is her journey, I think. It just sounds really sweet and hopeful (at least to me) and like something I'll enjoy, so I will definitely be taking this on holiday with me. 



2. Chasing The Stars, by Malorie Blackman 
Okay, this book looks like a Sci-fi book from the cover, and it is partly. But it is also a romance, and if there's one thing that I love about Malorie Blackman's books is that she does relationships beautifully, and she isn't afraid to show us that. Also one thing that I already love about this book (I read about it in the blurb) is that there are siblings in this book, which you don't get a lot of in YA books (I don't know why, you just don't). Also, it doesn't just look like two people in a futuristic world that fall in love instantly (another thing that I love about Malorie's books, there's never any insta-love), but these two characters are from separate ships, so there's some loyalty issues, and lies and stuff, so it looks like the whole package to be honest. 
Chasing the Stars is set in a futuristic world, there's romance, but not insta-love, there are siblings (twins in fact), and there is a plot that includes loyalty, lies and murder (yes murder). And that sounds pretty good, don't you think? Granted, I know it isn't a cutesy romance book but it's been ages since I read a new Malorie Blackman book, so why not?



3. Since You've Been Gone, by Morgan Matson 
This slot was open to options. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to read for this last one. I knew I wanted to take three books, because if I'm on holiday for a week two books is not nearly enough, especially including the two hour plane trip there and back, but I wasn't quite sure what to bring. Also, I've been wanting to read a Morgan Matson book for what seems like forever, specifically this one because I found this one before any of the others, so it just seemed like a perfect fit. For those that haven't heard what this is about, here's kind of a summary: Okay, so the protagonist Emily is kind of shy, except when she's around her best friend Sloane. Sloane brings her out of her shell. But when Sloane disappears, all she leaves Emily is a list of things that she has to do by the end of the summer. These things are things like: Kiss a stranger; dance until dawn; go skinny-dipping; things that challenge Emily. She's hoping that doing these things will bring Sloane back, but will it? This book looks really interesting, plus it's got nothing but amazing reviews. Plus, I need to read a Morgan Matson book because everyone seems to have. I'm seriously looking forward to reading this one, and also doesn't it seem like a perfect summer read?



So those are the books that I will be reading while I'm on holiday! While I'm on the subject, I may not be posting as much as I usually do, but I'm hoping I'll be able to post something during the week. And if not, I'll do double the posts when I get back!

So that is all that I have for you all today, I will see you all on friday, byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment