Sunday 17 July 2016

Just... Updates.

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I know you were all expecting me to be posting Glass Sword and nobody is more ashamed than I am at myself because I HAVEN'T FINISHED IT!
So today is just some rambling, explaining what I'm doing.
It is relevant to Glass Sword, honestly!

Just... Updates.

Okay, so I seem to have gone straight into a reading slump. And it doesn't matter what I do, I can't bring myself to read.

I seem to be writing more actually, (about a super secret thing that I am not at liberty to discuss at the moment, though you can probably guess what it is) Like my family actually can't get the laptop out of my room because it has been plastered to my side.

But back to reading. I cannot seem to read Glass Sword, because I just don't have the motivation.
What I'm getting to really about this rambling (sorry for that) is that I'm going to be putting Glass Sword to the side for the moment and re-read one of my favourites to get back into reading.

This really is quite a gamble, particularly as I have quite a large TBR for the month, and I still have 9 books left to read before the end, but since Harry Potter is 7/9 of that TBR I remain optimistic that I still will be able to read them all, assuming I don't get stuck on this one.

Saying that, I finished the book I selected in a matter of hours the first time I read it. Yes, the first time. This book is beautiful and heart-wrenching, so it kind of contradicts itself. That book is Before I Die, by Jenny Downham, and she is one of my favourite authors, even though I haven't read all of her books.
But this book is beautiful, and it is one of the most qualified contender to get me out of my reading slump because if I go into a reading slump the one thing there is no that question that I have to do this: I re-read one of my favourite books. And Before I Die is one of my favourite books of all time.

So that is all that I have for you guys today! Again, sorry that it wasn't the Glass Sword review...yeah...

Bye!

No seriously, I am sorry, but I hope you enjoyed this instead because it is a bit different than my usual posts!
Concerning Before I Die, I'm still debating on whether I'm going to be reviewing it or not, but it's probably likely. That's about as concrete an answer as I can give right now, but I'll say for definite whether I will be (or not) in tomorrow's post.

So with that, I bid you all goodbye!

Bye!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment