Monday 5 September 2016

Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach #1 and #2), by Alex Duval (Part 2)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And I said I'd be doing my part 2 of Bloodlust and Initiation, so here it is!

Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach #1 and #2), by Alex Duval (Part 2)
Title: Bloodlust & Initiation 
Author: Alex Duval 
Genre: Supernatural, action, with a bit of romance sprinkled in. 
Release date: 1st January, 2006
Pages: 215
Blurb: THE A-LIST BITES. Jason Freeman is getting the hang of DeVere Heights. Then life from his flyover past pays an unexpected visit in the form of his old friend Tyler. Jason's surprised-- but psyched to see a familiar face. Having his friend around turns out to be a downer-- especially when Jason realises that Tyler is running from some sort of crisis. But Tyler isn't in on DeVere Heights little secret. Now instead of escaping his problem, he's about to put himself in mortal danger. Literally."

My Thoughts
Initiation was an alright book. It did have some moments that did progress the overall story along, but those moments were few and far between. Being honest, I feel like they could have been squeezed those moments into the other books, and just left Initiation. 
Saying that, it wasn't as awful as I make out. The characters are the same easy-going, relaxed characters that make it easy to keep reading. 
The mystery was also a little different this time. (It was surrounding Jason's old friend, Tyler, and the secrets that he's hiding.) 
The action scenes were different this time too. Less actual fighting, more fast paced scenes, particularly towards the end. There was some tension in those scenes too, which I liked as well. 

So that is my review on Initiation! Sorry it was insanely short, but this was one book I didn't really have that many thoughts on. So I will see you all on Wednesday, when I will be reviewing Sister's Red, by Jackson Pearce! I will see you all on Wednesday!
 Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment