Friday 23 September 2016

September Book Haul (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it occured to me today that this time next week it will be the last day of September (strange), and I still haven't done a book haul!
So take a seat, because I bought like 12 books this month.
So here's my September Book Haul!

September Book Haul (2016) 
So I'm going to start with the books I bought for my birthday (my family get me vouchers because they don't know what books I read. It woks for everyone). And then I'll get on to the books that I bought during the rest of the month. 

So I bought these books for my birthday:

1. Nerve, by Jeanne Ryan 
Okay, this book probably didn't come as much of a surprise, since I've already posted a review for this book. So I'm not going to be posting much of what this book  is about. Also, the film for this book is out now, so even less reason! So go check out one of those (preferably the review, because I wrote it, but if the film is anything like the book, it'll be amazing). Or better yet, read the book! (It's addictive and fast paced). 

2. The Infinite Sea, by Rick Yansey 
This book was a kind of filler, really. I had the first and third books in the trilogy, so it was nice to have this book, just so I can marathon this series later. (Probably next month.) I'm actually quite looking forward to reading this (especially as it's tiny, so it doesn't look like it'll be much of a time commitment, which I do like. 

3. American Monsters, by Derek Landy
Do I need a reason for this?

4. The Call, by Peadar O Guilin
Okay, this may seem like a bit of an odd choice, but this book is big on YouTube at the moment. And I mean BIG. Booksplotion (PolandbananasBOOKS, Katytastic and Jessethereader) are doing this book for their monthly liveshow. And though it starts at like midnight where I live (UK) I'm determined to 1) Finish it before the thirtieth, and 2) Stay up so I can watch it. I wish it could have been done next month because so far there's something creepy about this book that I can only associate with Halloween, but I'm not being picky because I'm thoroughly enjoying this book at the moment. 

5. Songs About A Girl, by Chris Russell 
This book just looks interesting. The protagonist is a shy girl that likes to hide behind her camera, and she gets asked to cover a new and unique band. It screams music and relatability and I'm thoroughly looking forward to reading this book. Those are my reasons for buying this book. 

6. The Wolf Wilder, by Katherine Rundell 
Okay, this was a book that Waterstones highlighted this month, and it looks fairly interesting. This is a children's book, but I've learnt that children books can hold a lot more content then you'd have previously have thought. So I recommend you guys pick it up. 

So those are the books that I bought for my birthday! Here are the books that I bought the rest of the month. (I'm just going to be listing these, without the description, unless I actuallly have some thoughts on them.)

A Series of Unfortunate Events books, by Lemony Snicket
1. The Wide Window


2. The Austere Academy

3. The Ersatz Elevator

4. The Vile Village

I now have 9/13! I only need the 4th book (The Miserable Mill), and Number 9, 10 & 11. (The Carnivorous Carnival, The Slippery Slope & The Grim Grotto), so I'm getting there with the collection!


Other Books 
(There's only one though). 

Vortex (Tempest #2), by Julie Cross
I got Vortex! In a charity shop, no less. By the way, the cover is just as bright as it appears to be in the picture. So, it blinds you when you see it. I'm way too excited to read this book, (more than I should be.) And I have no idea why. This is the second book in the Tempest trilogy, and it's about a boy who can time travel. When Jackson sees his girlfriend almost die, he panicks and leaps further back in time than he's ever been. And he can't get back. So this trilogy is him trying to get back to Holly, and believe me when I say "A LOT OF CRAZY SHIT COMES UP IN THIS BOOK." At least this was what happened in the first book. Now do you see why I'm so excited to read this book? (Even though second books in trilogies tend to be worse than the first, but I'm being positive. Trying to be positive. Not succeeding.)

So that was my September Book Haul (2016)! I hope you enjoyed it, and I am really looking forward to reading all these books! 
That is all I have for you today, so I will see you all on Sunday!
Have a wonderful day, and I will see you all then!
Byeeeee!

-Abi xxxxx












No comments:

Post a Comment