Friday 2 September 2016

September TBR (2016)

Hey guys, this is Abi here,
And it's time for my September TBR, because somehow September's rolled around.
Why is the year moving so quickly?
Before we know it it'll be 2017?!
But anyway, here's the September TBR!

September TBR (2016)


September TBR Jar Challenge:
1. Read a book based on a fairytale: Fairytale Retellings, by Jackson Pearce
I didn't just want to dedicate one book to this category, so I took the opportunity to finish a series I've wanted to finish since like 2013. I've already finished Sister's Red, so that review will be up soon, as well as the Bloodlust & Initiation reviews. I love this series so much, and I can't wait to review them!

Other Books:
Some of the books on this list are being carried on from last month, because I didn't read everything I wanted to last month. There are some new books on here though. Enjoy :) 

1. Passenger, by Alexandra Bracken 
I've already started this, but I haven't got far (maybe 25 pages). I'm hoping to sneak this book in while I'm waiting for Cold Spell to come in, and at the rate that I'm reading these fairytale retellings, that is turning out more and more likely. But, it does mean that I'll have more time to focus on this book (and hopefully finish it before the month is out).

2. The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins
Now, I'm kind of hesitant to read this book because it's gotten some mixed reviews. But (and I know this is an awful reason) I'ts becoming a film so it's good enough for me! Also, this book is kind of different from what I tend to read that it'll be nice to read something different for a change! 

3. The Uncommoners The Crooked Sixpence, by Jennifer Bell 
Okay, I got this book from a friend and I am really excited to read it because just from the cover it looks completely different to anything I've ever read. Also, it seems dark and interesting and quirky, which reminds me of Series of Unfortunate Events. (Also the fact that it's middle grade). This is the first book in a fantasy series, and I hope to continue with the series as they get released. 

4. Hate List, by Jennifer Brown 
This is another book that I've carried on from last month because I didn't get to read it in August. But the fact that I didn't get to it last month doesn't mean that I'm anyway less excited to read it, compared to last month!

So those are the books that I will be reading in the month of September! I will be putting up reviews for every single one of them, so look out for those reviews! 
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will see you all on Sunday!
Byeeee!

-Abi xxxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment